dish 311 receiver swap

lewis237

Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
arkansas
hi, my dish 311 receiver quit working. the card is still good. i purchased a receiver the same model from ebay. it will turn on, but the first think it shows is that there is an error and goes to a switch test which shows there is a problem with the switch. i do not have a switch. after pressing cancel it goes through the 5 progress steps for acquiring a signal, and it pulls up a channel, then immediately goes to a big pop up code 002 which shows signal temporarly lost, wait or go to another channel, same thing. it is only showing a few channels not my entire channel lineup. in the receiver menu under setup it shows a good signal of 112, but under the signal in red it says wrong satellite. any help would greatly be appreciated. i was wondering if the problem has anything to do with the receiver coming from another part of the country. thanks in advance for any help!

Go to Menu 6-1-1 and run a switch test. You need to tell the receiver what you have for a system. IF you haven't you will then have to call DISH and give them the new receivers information so they can turn on your programming.

with it showing a signal of 112 it must have old software in it. Newer software would have the neutered meter of about 60

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts