Dish 4-Tuner Receiver?

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
I was talking with a friend of mine who works at a local electronics store and he said Dish was going to be coming out with a 4-tuner receiver sometime in the near future. He claims that Dish pays companies like Time Warner for HBO by the number of receivers subscribed and they want to cut down on the number of receivers out there. Anyone out there hear any rumblings like this?

BearcatScott said:
I was talking with a friend of mine who works at a local electronics store and he said Dish was going to be coming out with a 4-tuner receiver sometime in the near future. He claims that Dish pays companies like Time Warner for HBO by the number of receivers subscribed and they want to cut down on the number of receivers out there. Anyone out there hear any rumblings like this?

Hmm, I thought the whole multiple tuner thing was to save on production/shipping costs.

It seams like if I remember correctly that E* had a DVR544 and I think maybe a 344 prototype receiver's a year or two back, however I have never heard any more since about either of these receivers making production. Having 1 receiver to serve 4 TV's or 3 TV's and a VCR with independent viewing and or recording for the price of 1 receiver and no mirroring fee would be sweet, however E* would likely make these available for new DHA lease subs only :( .

I seriously doubt Dish is paying more to the programmers for additional outlets that consumers have on their accounts. The purpose of mutiple tuner receivers is to cut down on manufacturing costs, and this would ensure that all the receivers are at the same location.

Back in my cable tv days, programmers charged per sub. I would figure it's still the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)