Dish $49 OTA offer Q

ac3750

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I have heard and read about Dish offering an OTA and install for $49 when you upgrade to the vip receiver in a market that does not have HD LIL's being broadcast. I have an install date for next Saturday that includes a vip622 and a dish 1000. I asked about the OTA when I first placed my order on Feb 1 and have called back 2 times since then all getting the same response either from a csr or a supervisor...No, we do not offer the OTA...

Can anyone confirm that this OTA offer is indeed true, and if so, how would I be able to order this.

Thanks!

ac3750 said:
I have heard and read about Dish offering an OTA and install for $49 when you upgrade to the vip receiver in a market that does not have HD LIL's being broadcast. I have an install date for next Saturday that includes a vip622 and a dish 1000. I asked about the OTA when I first placed my order on Feb 1 and have called back 2 times since then all getting the same response either from a csr or a supervisor...No, we do not offer the OTA...

Can anyone confirm that this OTA offer is indeed true, and if so, how would I be able to order this.

Thanks!

I asked about this as well and they told me that all I had to do was ask my installer to install the new OTA antenna and pay them. I hope that this is true.

Hi welcome to satguys :) your best bet would be to call a local retailer to have an OTA antenna installed. I dont think dish does them directly but I know there retailers do. If you dont have a retailer in your area or one is too far away you can allways do this. go to www.antennaweb.org enter all you info. after you figure out what antenna you need to get the stations you want (by the color code). You can order an antenna from radio shack or retailers online. warren electronics is a very good place to start :) After you get the antenna all you have to do is install it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts