Channels "wandering" on 622

sonnyboy11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2005
I have noticed problem since I have gotten my 622 setup. While watching the Olympics on ch 4 OTA, my channels suddenly change randomly on their own without me touching the remote. Usually it goes up a few stations to like ch 13, and then stops. I go back to ch 4 and everything seems fine. Any ideas what might be causing this and has anyone else seen it?

sonnyboy11 said:
I have noticed problem since I have gotten my 622 setup. While watching the Olympics on ch 4 OTA, my channels suddenly change randomly on their own without me touching the remote. Usually it goes up a few stations to like ch 13, and then stops. I go back to ch 4 and everything seems fine. Any ideas what might be causing this and has anyone else seen it?

This happened at my folk's house after they got a new 811 receiver. Apparently a close neighbor had their remote set on the same address, and when the neighbors were pushing buttons it changed my folk's receivers channels (sometimes they were typing in a channel number... it was weird to see it happening when you weren't touching the remote!).

Changing the remote's address solved the problem. Hope that works for you! :)

Again, this sounds like interference with another UHF remote. Do you have close neighbors? Try changing the address on your remotes (or if you don't use the UHF one take of the antenna). I'd be willing to bet that this will solve the problem for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts