Dish 50.0 (Voice remote)

I received my 50.0 remote ordered from the Store, $30. If I used the voice functions more I would probably like it. But at this moment I try using the swipe screen which is very difficult for me, too sensitive or not sensitive at times. Also the back-light lasts until you click a key, I would prefer a timeout.

Reactions: bspei
I received my 50.0 remote ordered from the Store, $30. If I used the voice functions more I would probably like it. But at this moment I try using the swipe screen which is very difficult for me, too sensitive or not sensitive at times. Also the back-light lasts until you click a key, I would prefer a timeout.
I agree about the touch-pad. Many times I have recorded or scheduled to record a show accidentally, among other things here and there. Wish they would just make a voice remote without the track-pad. Heck the other day the track-pad went nuts. Every time I would touch it the screen selections kept jumping back and forth like crazy. I had to remove the batteries and put them back to get it back to normal.

Does anyone know how to change the programmable button on the side to a different option than record? In training they told us it was possible and when u pull up the help/tips menu by long pressing the info button it says to press and hold the button to customize it. You are supposed to be able to change it to toggling closed captions, vod, and other shortcuts apparently. However when I press and hold it does nothing. I have tried the remote settings and pressing and holding while in other menus but nothing. I've pulled the remote batteries, unpaired and repaired the remote, and redownloaded the hopper software but no luck.

Does anyone know how to change the programmable button on the side to a different option than record? In training they told us it was possible and when u pull up the help/tips menu by long pressing the info button it says to press and hold the button to customize it. You are supposed to be able to change it to toggling closed captions, vod, and other shortcuts apparently. However when I press and hold it does nothing. I have tried the remote settings and pressing and holding while in other menus but nothing. I've pulled the remote batteries, unpaired and repaired the remote, and redownloaded the hopper software but no luck.
That is a FUTURE feature meaning that in DISH terms most likely will never happen.

Reactions: 300mag and Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts