Dish 50.0 (Voice remote)

50.0 Remote is a hot seller, I actually ran out yesterday and today. Out of the 6 jobs yesterday I sold 4 , and the 5 jobs today, I sold 4. People asking for more.
As mentioned , it needs IP for Voice Features. I sold two of them to people without Internet features. They just liked the touchpad.

50.0 Remote is a hot seller, I actually ran out yesterday and today. Out of the 6 jobs yesterday I sold 4 , and the 5 jobs today, I sold 4. People asking for more.
As mentioned , it needs IP for Voice Features. I sold two of them to people without Internet features. They just liked the touchpad.
I have the new remote, its great except for we dont have internet so no voice feature which bummed me out

Reactions: millerthyme59
I picked one up when the technician was here on a service call but it doesn't work with my Joey. I've got a Hopper 3 (works fine) and my account says I have a Joey 2. I got new Joeys earlier this year when I got the Hopper 3. Is there anything I can do? I really want it for the Joey, since that is in the bedroom, and the light up feature was what I was looking for.

Weird I was on the 4k Olympic Channel to see if anything was on it and it's just a color bar screen right now but it is indeed 4k. When I was on it I went to change channels via voice and it would not work. No voice commands would work while on that channel. The small info area when you use the voice function at the top right would not even show.

Got one of these about a week ago. Have not used the voice function. But really like the responsiveness and the look and fell. No issues thus far.Nice piece of tech.

Voice commands will not work without an internet connection. The reason the Comcast remote works without internet connection, is that X! is still connected to their voice server over the cable network coming in to your home

Vivek
will they ever be able to do a software download that would make voice work without internet

Every button is backlit.

So, even the volume, channel up/down, pause/play/ff/rw, all of the physical buttons are backlit? Did not expect that...

will they ever be able to do a software download that would make voice work without internet

I've been hoping for the same thing. It seems like the problem with most voice recognition software in today's market is that the devices need to be Internet-connected, so the voice commands can be interpreted by an external server. It's the same problem with Samsung TVs and the Xbox One. I'm not an expert in how the technology works, but maybe the servers need to be included in the physical devices themselves, in order for voice to work without having to send the commands to an external server for interpretation. Of course, that probably costs more money, creating a device like that, so... :(

So, even the volume, channel up/down, pause/play/ff/rw, all of the physical buttons are backlit? Did not expect that...

I've been hoping for the same thing. It seems like the problem with most voice recognition software in today's market is that the devices need to be Internet-connected, so the voice commands can be interpreted by an external server. It's the same problem with Samsung TVs and the Xbox One. I'm not an expert in how the technology works, but maybe the servers need to be included in the physical devices themselves, in order for voice to work without having to send the commands to an external server for interpretation. Of course, that probably costs more money, creating a device like that, so... :(
thanks for the reply. we live in the country and internet is too costly for out budget. so we will talk to each rather than to the remote ha

Reactions: DialgaChampion
I was first offered one half off.. I then said I can get a voice remote free with xfinity and they came down to free. I didn't push to get a 2nd voice remote .

I love the 50.0 remote ! Not only is it smaller but the voice recognition is spot on. I'll say channel 4, or 7 and it goes to it. Then I'll say how's the weather and the weather app pulls up. Also love that it has a backlit display for night time. I like it a lot over the 52 remote .

Reactions: charlesrshell
I signed up to DISH and left DirectTV in June when a sales person came to my door one Friday. Said I would get the newest equipment with the voice remotes. Didn't get them. The ONLY reason I left DTV was because they screwed me with their remotes when they gave me the wrong models with the equipment they installed. Now with Dish the same thing. If I had known, I would not have left DTV as I had a few months left on the contract...Which Dish covered the early term fee. But now I still don't have what was promised.

I signed up to DISH and left DirectTV in June when a sales person came to my door one Friday. Said I would get the newest equipment with the voice remotes. Didn't get them. The ONLY reason I left DTV was because they screwed me with their remotes when they gave me the wrong models with the equipment they installed. Now with Dish the same thing. If I had known, I would not have left DTV as I had a few months left on the contract...Which Dish covered the early term fee. But now I still don't have what was promised.
Call DISH or contact a DIRT member and give them your story. Maybe they can help you out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)