Dish 50.0 (Voice remote)

superM

Original poster
May 20, 2013
United States
Has anyone heard about an estimate on the release date?

Also, for those of you that got Hopper 3's, is the upgrade free? What about for 4k Joeys?

No release date on the 50,0.

Hopper 3 upgrades can be free or cost you up to $150 depending on your account history. And the 4K Joeys are $50 extra each if you want one.

From what I understand you will be able to purchase it later if you want the touchpad and voice search features. The 52.0 is the remote that comes with the Hopper 3.

Has anyone heard about an estimate on the release date?

Also, for those of you that got Hopper 3's, is the upgrade free? What about for 4k Joeys?

Installed Hopper 3 & 3 4K Joeys yesterday. No charge on Hopper 3 4K joeys were $50.00 ea one time charge but was waved by upper account mgr.
The current Hopper 3's ship with 52.0 remote & thankfully compatible with 40.0 remote as well.
Tech called in at my request & was told when the 50.0 remote is available you can call in & order for a separate charge. Amount unknown at time.
Hope this helps.

From what I understand you will be able to purchase it later if you want the touchpad and voice search features. The 52.0 is the remote that comes with the Hopper 3.

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere (I have a feeling it has....)
is there a rough time frame for 50.0 to be released?

I hadn't realized it wasn't out yet and was disappointed to see 52.0 with my install. But now I know why!

I thought that Vivek said they would come with the Hopper 3 so I just expected to get one for free once they were released

I doubt Dish will hold to the $49.00 for early adopters. We will see.

That's flat out unfair. If dish is providing voice remotes with future units, they need to offer them free or for free with trade in of the 52 remote.
And why, exactly, is this unfair? We got the remote that was being delivered at time of release. Would the other one have been nicer? Yes, I think so. It was not ready. That really is all there is to it, as far as I know. I think that a $49 "upgrade fee" for a voice controlled, touchpad remote is a deal.

And why, exactly, is this unfair? We got the remote that was being delivered at time of release. Would the other one have been nicer? Yes, I think so. It was not ready. That really is all there is to it, as far as I know. I think that a $49 "upgrade fee" for a voice controlled, touchpad remote is a deal.

And when the touch remote comes out they'll be whining for a free 52.0 remote because their friend got one with an early Hopper and they like that better. :sorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)