Dish 50.0 (Voice remote)

They are preparing h3 for two years and alot of bugs to be fixed still and they think h3 is ready for primetime? Then I can't imagine how the voice control and touch screen are doing :) thank you and i pass. I am happy with my harmony remote and 40.

It's certainly done enough for me. I have never seen or heard of an electronics device that was released without bugs. I haven't even seen a car without them either. Hell, even people are born with defects. You'd think after 9 months a baby would be absolutely perfect. (That was pretty extreme and meant as a joke)

If people can't handle bugs they should wait and for those who can't wait they should be patient. I've had the newest Dish receiver on day one numerous times and have had great experiences. It's because I knew what to expect going into it and I have always been patient.

I am a consumer and not a beta tester. I am paying for a product to see it work not test it and report it. If they gave me hopper 3 before release for a week, i can easily report them most of the bugs that i found on pretty much day one. So they have this product at least two years and still missed these simple to find bugs and released a product that was not ready for paying costumers? Yes things can come out and you release a formware update to fix them but you should not have to reset your rsciever at least two times a day!!! And like most i didnt get it for free, i paid for it so i have every right to see it work as advertised.

Reactions: Tron2012
I am a consumer and not a beta tester. I am paying for a product to see it work not test it and report it. If they gave me hopper 3 before release for a week, i can easily report them most of the bugs that i found on pretty much day one. So they have this product at least two years and still missed these simple to find bugs and released a product that was not ready for paying costumers? Yes things can come out and you release a formware update to fix them but you should not have to reset your rsciever at least two times a day!!!

Why are you resetting your receiver two times a day?

I have Voice Search with Siri on the AppleTV. Right now it's limited to iTunes and a handful of other program providers. Until it expands so I can say "Watch NASA-TV" and it calls up the NASA TV App, switching to the streaming HD feed, I find I am using the touchpad and button presses.

Dish may be tuning the search capabilities to be more what the average TV viewer wants when they say ``I want to watch "Big Bang Theory"'' and Dish can't find it because CBS calls it "The Big Bang Theory". And even if it does come up, does the viewer want the most recent episode, the one that's currently recording, or the past episodes available On Demand?

They showed hopper3 at ces january 2015. So there was a working unit there. To show a product at least they worked another year on it so 1+1=2 years.

They showed hopper3 at ces january 2015. So there was a working unit there. To show a product at least they worked another year on it so 1+1=2 years.

No sir...the 16 tuner Hopper 3 was just unveiled at CES 2016...which was last month. You may be thinking of the Carbon UI, which was debuted (running on the HWS) at CES in 2015.

What is carbon ui running on? What i am saying is there are still a lot of bugs needs to be fixed and wife and me not happy resetting it couple times a day. Seeing shows that we deleted two or three days ago. Usb port failures. Transfer interruptions. Instead of watching tv on a 65" tv sometimes you stuck with a small screen after you use apps. Netflix is still missing. Remote is different then the pictures. Installer had no idea how to install it. Tg to this forum i told him what to do most of the time..... I volunteered to test carbon on h2 and it was my decision then it bricked my joeys.... I decided to use beta and paid for it by not able to see dvr or other bugs. H3 officially on sale and there are still lots of bugs. You can read the forum to see how many times reset the hopper advice giving to people. So once again yes nobody and no product is perfect so thats why you have testers and programmers to find and fix the bugs before release. And as a consumer expect to watch tv that i am paying for without reseting my reciever. Looking for my recordings(paying $15 for dvr service) or can't delete a show or recording.... No we are not very happy so far. Sorry for telling the truth if it hurts but i can see we are not the only one having issues. And hopper was an original product. Hopper with sling and hopper 3 are modified hopper platform.

What is carbon ui running on? What i am saying is there are still a lot of bugs needs to be fixed and wife and me not happy resetting it couple times a day. Seeing shows that we deleted two or three days ago. Usb port failures. Transfer interruptions. Instead of watching tv on a 65" tv sometimes you stuck with a small screen after you use apps. Netflix is still missing. Remote is different then the pictures. Installer had no idea how to install it. Tg to this forum i told him what to do most of the time..... I volunteered to test carbon on h2 and it was my decision then it bricked my joeys.... I decided to use beta and paid for it by not able to see dvr or other bugs. H3 officially on sale and there are still lots of bugs. You can read the forum to see how many times reset the hopper advice giving to people. So once again yes nobody and no product is perfect so thats why you have testers and programmers to find and fix the bugs before release. And as a consumer expect to watch tv that i am paying for without reseting my reciever. Looking for my recordings(paying $15 for dvr service) or can't delete a show or recording.... No we are not very happy so far. Sorry for telling the truth if it hurts but i can see we are not the only one having issues. And hopper was an original product. Hopper with sling and hopper 3 are modified hopper platform.
The Carbon user interface was previewed on a Hopper with Sling at CES 2015, and the Joey 4K was also shown there. If you are talking about "volunteering" to test Carbon on a HWS, and you "volunteered" here at this forum when the trick to force a download was made public, you did not "volunteer" but did so at your on risk as Scott made perfectly clear.

I wouldn't think they would make the voice remote standard with the hopper 3. I have a hard time using Siri because of my southern accent. It would be hard to watch tv with my family sleeping if I'm constantly speaking to my remote. Think I'll stay will the old trusty 40.0

I volunteered to risk my recievers by downloading it when i had hopper with sling. Anyways it doesn't change the fact that hopper 3 have lots of bugs and not ready for primetime imho.

Yes i agree but this is too much for a third gen reciever.. I shouldn't have to reset my recievers every day like i am not resetting anything in my house this often. If you are happy resetting it fine with me but i am paying for a service plus equipment. i have every right to expect a better product and service. And one last time what i am saying is they should have tested better before releasing it. If i can see the problems clearly in one week then they should have tested and found them before me. Would you prefer a less buggy re

Reactions: xfoneguy
Yes i agree but this is too much for a third gen reciever.. I shouldn't have to reset my recievers every day like i am not resetting anything in my house this often. If you are happy resetting it fine with me but i am paying for a service plus equipment. i have every right to expect a better product and service. And one last time what i am saying is they should have tested better before releasing it. If i can see the problems clearly in one week then they should have tested and found them before me. Would you prefer a less buggy re

I echo a previous poster, but why are you resetting your receiver two times a day?

Ext hardrive freezes so need a reset.
New welcome screen shows shows that are not on my dvr so when i click on them freeze! couple times need a reset.
After using an app when i try to exit i can only watch tv in a six by six small screen on the upper right so guess what? Only solution reset it again. You lose sound then you need another reset..... Usb not responding...needs a reset...Just a couple examples. And reading the forum showing me that i am not the only one so problems are not going to get fixed by a replacement. Only wait for a firmware update.

Ext hardrive freezes so need a reset.
New welcome screen shows shows that are not on my dvr so when i click on them freeze! couple times need a reset.
After using an app when i try to exit i can only watch tv in a six by six small screen on the upper right so guess what? Only solution reset it again. You lose sound then you need another reset..... Just a couple examples. And i am readi g i am not alone.

Well the EHD freeze could also be the hard drive you are using, and not directly related to the H3. Also, if you recently had your H3 installed, all of the info on the guide, on demand, welcome screen, etc., still needs to populate, which takes anywhere from a few hours to a few days, so I would wait to see if that helps.

The only bug which I have seen that you experience is the apps issue, where I press the apps button and then when I exit I either lose sound or video, but a simple reboot fixes this issue, and I full expect this issue and plenty of others to be fixed with a software update.

IMO, no product that is software based is ever "final" and bug-free. Hell, even hardware has issues that are resolved by either RMA's or warranty.

Reactions: peggy97850
It was working perfectly with hopper2. And i am not going to reply anymore. If you are happy with it good for you. I am not and i was expecting a less buggy product.

I haven't had to do a single reset. If you would just leave it be and let it do its thing you wouldn't have to. Yeah it's a third Gen receiver but the OS is completely new. If you are that unhappy downgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts