Dish 50.0 (Voice remote)

I bought one for my basement (Joey 4k). Now I want one for the upstairs Hopper 3 so I am going to try and get Dish to give me that for free since A) it was supposed to come with the Hopper 3 originally) and B) I did already purchase one. Hopefully they'll do it.

Unless you really like talking to your remote,I wouldn't recommend the 50.0. I've set mine aside and continue to use the 52.0. I suppose my main bias is a preference for physical buttons on a remote. Like the 40.0 before it, I don't even glance at the remote when using it. I use (without a glance) the physical number pad more than I realized and the number pad that appears on the touch pad just isn't as useful for me. Navigating menus with the touchpad for me is no easier than button presses with the 52.0 And the ability to assign A/V receiver (or whatever non-Dish device) functions to the number pad is really handy. It seems with each version of the remote more functions have to share keys (Back/Live TV) or disappear altogether (subtitles on/off) in the interests of streamlining or making the remote smaller.

I muscle memory'd all the buttons on the 50.0 and do not use any other remote. I also hardly talk to it. It's new and different, so automatically people will not like it, but once you adjust to only that, the others seem weird.

Got mine Friday. The 1,2,3 number pad only lights up after several tries & I still haven't seen the a,b,c letters show on screen like the instruction manual says it should (the 1,2,3 does show on screen). Is my remote defective? Got a message in to Dirt but haven't heard back yet.

The trackpad needs to be a harder press, much to soft. I keep on accidentally pressing the thing and it's really getting annoying. It should be like a press of one of the remote buttons instead.

For anyone who already has a 50.0 remote, do the voice commands still work if the H3 is not connected to the internet/phone?

And to get it to work, do you just put in batteries and pair it with the H3 in the same way you pair the 52.0?

I like that I can tell it Netflix and it opens the app pretty quick.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I am pretty sure it does not work without the internet connectivity.

I really hope someone can test this out to double-check. I remember asking a Comcast chat rep a few months ago about their X1 voice remote, and that particular rep told me the voice commands would still work even without an internet connection (or when the internet was down), so I was hoping Dish's 50.0 would work the same way.

I really hope someone can test this out to double-check. I remember asking a Comcast chat rep a few months ago about their X1 voice remote, and that particular rep told me the voice commands would still work even without an internet connection (or when the internet was down), so I was hoping Dish's 50.0 would work the same way.
I just tested to see and none of the voice commands work without the internet on the 50.0 remote....

Thank you, I was going to test that this morning. Now I don't have to! :)

Voice commands will not work without an internet connection. The reason the Comcast remote works without internet connection, is that X! is still connected to their voice server over the cable network coming in to your home

Vivek

Voice commands will not work without an internet connection. The reason the Comcast remote works without internet connection, is that X! is still connected to their voice server over the cable network coming in to your home

Vivek
Thanks Vivek, that makes perfect sense...

I just tested to see and none of the voice commands work without the internet on the 50.0 remote....

Voice commands will not work without an internet connection. The reason the Comcast remote works without internet connection, is that X! is still connected to their voice server over the cable network coming in to your home - Vivek

Darn it. Well thanks anyways for letting me know. Guess I'll be sticking with my 52.0 remote then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)