Dish 500 Acting up on Disesq

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
my stupid Sonicview 8000 is acting up on Disesq dont know why I was trying to watch the space shuttle on nasa in Echo7 but I dont know who is to blame the Disesq switch or the Sonicview 8000 becasue sometimes it gets the signal sometimes it does not

I have Echo7 on Port 3 and Echo 8 on port 2 also I never been able to get them on a 21khz swith on one port

anyone have a the same problems on FTA recievers and Dish 500 dishes

Is that a legacy Dish500 or a DishPro/Twin? The Twin has problems working with many FTA receivers, and the DishPro has built-in DiSEqC. SW21s don't work properly with most FTA receivers. If you're using a legacy dish with two separate LNBFs, just take the switch out and connect to the 119W LNBF directly. There's nothing FTA on Echo 10 (I assume you meant Echo 10 and not Echo 8)...

Last edited:
Your Antenna setup is wrong? DP Twin, I am guessing being a Dish 500 would have E7 as port 1 and E8 as port 2 within their internal Diseqc. No 22KHz switching needed.

can't tell the players without a score card:

The term "Dish 500" is almost meaningless.
DishNetwork has shipped at least four totally different variations under that name, that I can think of.
Each has its own unique electrical/switching problems or personalities.
They all use the same identical (22"?) reflector.

From oldest to newest:
- two independent single bird LNBFs
- 110/119 dual bird Legacy with built in switch (w/ 2 or 4 connectors)
- 110/119 dual bird DishPro, bandstacked, built-in diseqc switch (w/ 2 or 4 connectors)
- 110/119 dual bird DishProPlus, bandstacked, 3 connectors (1 is input), high current drain

The latter two models have a big sticker on the front, proclaiming "DishPro" or "DishProPlus".
If no sticker (just molded-in text), then it's legacy.

edit:
The pictures are from DishStore. Unfortunately, the other products did not have correct pictures.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)