Dish 500 for D****

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shocker510

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Johnson City,Tennessee
My friend of mine bought a house and the previous owners had cable but had a Dish 500 mounted to a pipe from when they had e****. My friend wants to subscibe to D**** and had a couple of questions.
1. With the right LNB's can he use the Dish 500 for the 101 bird?
2. can you use d*** LNB's with the dish 500?
3. Would the bigger dish help with rain fade?
I did a search on this and still a little confussed. Thanks

It will work if the lnbs are not dishpro, set the skew to zero. (need legecy Lnbs) It should help signal a little, I have done before camping, but did not pay attention to signal strength as I was happy to get a signal(did not mess with skew either) .

dfergie said:
It will work if the lnbs are not dishpro, set the skew to zero. (need legecy Lnbs) It should help signal a little, I have done before camping, but did not pay attention to signal strength as I was happy to get a signal(did not mess with skew either) .
It has to be Legacy single or DUALS. Legacy Twin or Quads have a switch built in that Directv receivers can't operate. :)

Depending on how clear los is if the dish is installed right you don't need to worry about rain fade. I live in Washington state, about 30-40 South of Seattle. My directv service has NEVER been interrupted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)