dish 500 fta settings,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
howdy,
I have a friend that just moved next door and they have a dish 500 dish. I am thinking of mounting my winegard over there, but before i do that i want to see where that dish 500 is pointing, so i can use it as a guide in setting up the winegard.

i tried to hook up my satworks and set the lnb settings at 11250, then scan to see what came up on the dish 500. Nadda.

i should at least see the scrambled stuff show up as "scrambled channel" and maybe test card (hoping its the 121 test card so i know im not far off of g10 :), but the satworks is acting like i have the wrong settings. any clues? thanx

If its a twin LNB it will not work as there will be a switch inside, same if its Dish Pro LNB (I think). If it comes apart see if you can get to just one LNB and keep the L.O. at 11250 then rescan. You will have to off set the dish slightly to point at satellites because of where the LNB's were spaced (110/119)

drhydro

The Legacy Twin wont work...tried it and failed
The DishPro might work, but with the stacked frequencies (DishPro stacks both polarities), it doesnt owrk right either.

Best thing to do is hook a dual or single LNB (aimed at one satellite) and see :)

thanks pete, it is a twin. i'll take a look tomorrow and see what i can do, i'd love to have this dish point at 119 for audio. Do most of the dual dish 500's point at that pair of sats? If so, that means he probably has a LOS to g10, or at least i am hoping so.

drhydro

Unless he had ExpressVu, which points at 91 & 82, its pretty sure that its pointed at 110/119

I dont have a legacy twin, but I was under the impression it was just two legacy duals and a pair of SW21s (22khz switches)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)