dish 500 LNBF help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

holguinerito

Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
sup guys . I have a dish 500 with dual LNBFs if i want to hook up a samsonic BS-8100 receiver to this lnbs where would i have to plug the cables to ?? the single connection says 110 and the dual says 119 ....

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 161
Brent im new with all this FTA stuff and was just wondering if there is anything i can do with the LNBs that come on a dish 500 . the universal lnb that im supouse to be using its on his way . and just in case you were wondering what stuf ill be trying to pick up once im all set up its all FTA chanels mainly from Hispasat and other satellites ... i hope this gives you a idea of where im going ...

By the way let me add one more thing , i notice that the receiver has a connection that says :eek:ut to LNB the R side of the dish 500 says LNBF in ,Whats the use for this conection ? Once again im new on all this and dont have a manual for the receiver im sure by now you guys notice that i dont know crap about what im doing ...

The DishPro version of that (which has two connectors) defaults to 110° on one connector and 119° on the other connector at power-up.
- if you command diseqc switch 1 or 2, you can select either of the two LNBs from either connector.
I don't recall the details beyond that.

Your DishProPlus does the same but has several additional features.
- it draws considerable power and may not be suitable for connecting to an FTA receiver.
- The third connector is an input for a "wing dish" or third LNB (bandstacked).
I believe diseqc #3 will select that input, but I don't know.

I would not involve this LNB in my system.
It's really meant to be used with Dish Network receivers.
If you want to get NASA or Angel One on their 119° bird, I suggest a single Legacy or DishPro (bandstacked) LNB as it will integrate with your FTA switches, LNBs, and dishes much better.

Please see the Switches Simplified FAQ for more info on switch configurations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)