Dish 500 with 322 - some channels have no signal ?

crar355

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
north carolina
Hello I have upgraded at a vacation home from a single dish and old receiver to a dish 500 with a 322 (still old equipment but 322 is a reman). Upon install I have signal strength in the 70's on both 110 and 119 using the point dish screen but had a few channels with no signal so I switched LNB's to see if the problem switched with them and then all channels seemed to work for one weekend - this past weekend, I have 17 channels that have signal loss - ie: 205, 214 and more. I have 2 cables running from 2 sw-21 switches (one for each receiver in the 322) - any thoughts where I should start with problem solving - Located in North Carolina thanks

they are prob 7 years old - had prev used but went to superdish at my other home, and the 500 was just stored in garage until now

Remover the switch and try each lnb direct to see if all channels for each sat comes in. If the do, you probably need a new switch, in not it's probably the lnb. Best fix for either would be a new DPP twin with built in switch and don't forget to run the check switch.

Legacy as in two single eyes? In which case you will need two 21 switches. Or legacy as in one solid lnbf with both eyes built in? In which case just run two lines, one for each sat input.

Legacy is two singles, DP Twin is the one that needs 2 lines, DPP Twin only needs a single line and a separator.

crar355, on your 322, try pressing MENU - 6 - 3 - SEND STATUS - CHECK CONNECTION - CHECK SIGNAL. What are your readings for TPs 14, 15, 16 & 21 on sat 110 and 119? Do both tuners have similar readings?

Otherwise, do MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 and check each sat/TP manually.

Can also do MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 - CHECK SWITCH - TEST and see if it pulls up any errors.

They do have integrated legacy lnbfs, they just have the dish logo on them as opposed to dp or dpp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)