DISH 500Plus or SuperDish? Pls help.

coolguy1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
DISH 500Plus or SuperDish?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

This weekend I signed up with DN, so they installing DISH 500Plus (which covers 118.7) for one of the international programmin and there is 1more chan which is only on 61.5 or 121... So DN told me they would be installtion another dish and tune it to 61.5..

I live in TOWNhome, so it might look odd by having 2 dishes installed, since small roof and all... I also have SuperDish, so debating which path should i go for?

I originally thought I could get DISH 1000Plus and chaneg the 129 one to 61.5, so I am convered completely. But, turns out Dish 1000Plus is not offered in NY/NJ.. something about NJ/NY not picking up 129..

so Pls advise on Advantages/Disadvantes of having (1 SuperDish) Vs (Dish500Plus and 1 more Dish 500 for 61.5)..

TIA!!

Last edited:
I think people can help you better if we knew the programming that you're trying to get. But I can tell you that the signal out of 118.7 is pretty weak. The signal peaks out at around 80 or so while 121 peaks out near 95.

Ohh, that sucks... SO from previous 2 comments, New Orbits doesnt necessarily mean better signal I guess, but DN no longer doing 121 .. they discontinuing itseems..

I am pretty much looking for HD, Top60, South Asian INTL Programming (Sony(on 61.5 and 121), Gemini (only on 118.7 and 121) etc).. TIA

I am trying to Future proof, so I dont have to pay Dish again to make any changes on roof... Also is it better to buy Equipment first or lease?

Also when they install, Anything to check in particular before they leave? Each orbit signal strengths or something?

I just noticed, there are 2 Satellite types (EC*3 , EC*12) in 61.5?? http://ekb.dbstalk.com/61-5list.htm

Sony programming is on EC*3, then HD chans are on EC*12.. Which one would DISH Install then? Since I have both Sony and HDBronze.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)