DISH 510 hard drive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Can anyone tell me if this hard drive is locked? Could I just slap it in my computer and it work?

Don't know what drive they use, been afraid to open my 501 even if it is on the fritz... My Replays had Maxtor fireball 3's in them(40 gig) I have one sitting in front of me full of archived video(not hooked to pc right not) the other Replay Has a 200 gig seagate as the master and the original maxtor as slave...

Neutron said:
Can anyone tell me if this hard drive is locked? Could I just slap it in my computer and it work?
Since you no longer subscribe to Dish, why not sell your 510? I got $175 for mine on Ebay. You can buy a new UDMA/133 7200rpm 120GB hd for like $80 or less.

If you're trying to get recorded shows from it, go to Yahoo Groups, and search for "dishrip". They have instructions and sw utilities for doing that.

I'm still fighting dish on the early contract term fee and because this still shows up they have locked down my 510 so no one else can activate it, I've already tried. :(

I figure since I can't sell it why not use the drive out of it.

Fighting it? Well, you know my feelings about the way Dish does a lot of things. But, a deal's a deal. You agreed to subscribe for 12 months or pay $240. If you cancel before then, it's $240. Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. (That's the name o' dat tune.)

You have two choices:
1. Pay the $240. You'll be free and clear to sell your Dish gear, and never look back.
2. Activate one of your boxes (preferably a 301/311 or some other basic box) for AT60 for the remainder of the 12 months. 4 months left? $100 is better than $240. Then, deactivate the 510, and sell it plus any LNB's, switches, other receivers, etc. The one active box need not actually be receiving any programming.

Will they even let you finish out the remaining months of the contract without penatly once you cancelled? Its news to me if they allow you to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)