Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
IF you have been having remote problems with your Dish 6000 check out this post at DBSTalk it contains an official responce from Dave Kummer from Echostar.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=20234

Thanks Scott. I was going to post it here today...been away from the 'puter for the last couple of days. The Dish folks are actively monitoring the thread at DBSTalk, so if you have questions for them, they'll see them if you post them there.

Heck, point them at that list of 6000 bugs I put up on dbstalk a few weeks ago. I tried to cover them al there.

Dish has been busy lately, I notice them hanging out here a lot more lately as well.

It's good they are paying attention, now hopefully they fix the problems.

My 6000 still has no information for shows an hour in the future. (And yes I turn off my 6000 at night)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish has been busy lately, I notice them hanging out here a lot more lately as well.

It's good they are paying attention, now hopefully they fix the problems.

My 6000 still has no information for shows an hour in the future. (And yes I turn off my 6000 at night)

Scott, at least you are getting some info. Mine keeps losing all info for showtime hd until I reboot.

If I sit on an HD channel, I get no more than an hour in the guide, it's very frustrating. On the other hand, I've discovered if I open the guide and wait 15 seconds, I can move over 1/2 hour every 15 seconds without the dreaded "Acquiring Sat" screen. Kinda feels like running an Atari Pong machine with the speed it updates.

Guide seems to be doing much better tonight. I went from 8 PM to 5 AM without a hiccup! An 8 hour guide...I'll take that over what I've seen lately!

I just received word from my Dish contact that as of 9:00AM MST this morning, version 7.83 is rolling out to ALL 6000 owners - no limited tiered release for this one. 7.83 fixes the IR problem that was introduced in 7.81. Everyone should be getting it today!

REMOTE LAMENESS FIXED

Was waiting to load. :D

Loaded just fine (although it was at 1% for about 5 minutes).

Restarted 6000 just like it's supposed to.

Remote generally works fine now. The 9 key seems a little slow, but it's probably worn out because I was pressing it so hard for so long. :rolleyes:

It's MUCH better than it was before 780/781.

Woo hoo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts