Dish 622/722 L443 Release Notes

I just replaced my existing 622 with a replacement due to heat probles on the old one.
Now, the old receiver would not allow me to order PPV's because There was no phone line connected. This new receiver lets me watch just about anything PPV's as well as the X channels without any error message. What is this all about.

First Post Here....

I guess Dish has decided to go with L4.43 update from L4.41 for the 622.

Mine updated Tuesday morning.

L443 was released to all 722 receivers and some 622 receivers.

Release Notes

Q Box Support

External Hard Drive Recognition fix

Rebooting fix

Fix for HDMI/HDCP issues

Fix for signal loss issues

Move the Favorites List EPG toggle from the date/time banner to the Favorites List name banner

I posted this in a new thread already but my 622's OTA is toast after getting 443. Last night with 441 OTA worked great. Today only my VHF channel works.

I live about 5 miles from a couple of my OTA towers so I am pretty certain its not my antenna as I am lucky enough to get by with an indoor one.

Tried a hard and soft reboot and I am still getting no signal. In previous releases I have heard others have this problem after a software update. Was there a workaround or did you have to wait till the next release?

If a mod wants to merge my seperate post that would be great. I found this thread after posting my new one.

THANKS!

I have 4.43 on my 622 and was hopeful that my FreeAgent drive would work properly. Alas the behavior hasn't changed. Once the drive goes into sleep mode it cannot be written to. :(

I received my L4.43 finally, the biggest improvement:
ability to sort group by either dvr date or title in the my recordings list... hoorah!
You're right !
Groups are now useful !

For me, the date sort must be there regardless of all other sorting and grouping - if some Dish Pass records a program - without me being aware that it was scheduled (eg Season Premiere of a show) - I need for that to be listed at the top of the list - and not be buried 5 pages down where I might miss it.

So, :up :up !

I just called Dish and asked for L443 do to non stop issues losing the signal ever since I got L441. The tech support lady listened to what I had to say and said L443 will be sent to your receiver within the hour. Sure hope this fixes the issue.

Why, you silver tongued devil, you! I've never heard of anybody getting such a favor! Let us know if it happens or not.

She was blowing smoke up your butt to get you off the phone. It is done all the time by clerks who have little interest in you, but a lot of interest in keeping you off of their backs. But then again you might actually have one of the receivers targeted by serial number for todays update and she saw yours on the computer and told you so.

I just called Dish and asked for L443 do to non stop issues losing the signal ever since I got L441. The tech support lady listened to what I had to say and said L443 will be sent to your receiver within the hour. Sure hope this fixes the issue.

The only 622s that will get L4.43 and have L4.41 are the ones in this range:

IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-76881956

There's another batch scheduled for tomorrow.

I went from 441 to 443 on one of my 622's but so far haven't seen any differences. Both softwares worked fine for me. As expected the signal loss fix must be for something other than 129 issues. Don't see any way that could get fixed on a software anyway.

Hello all. Just registered yesterday and glad I did -- what a great wealth of knowledge here.

I'm curious if someone could provide more detail about this "Signal Loss" problem. I think I may be experiencing it and wonder if the 443 code will fix it.

My original VIP622 died (failed to boot). It had great signal and was basically trouble free for a couple years prior to the failure.

Dish sent a replacement 622 via the Brown Truck. It currently has 441 code loaded. It frequently experiences signal loss. The "System Info" shows a red X on the 129 bird and the "Details" lists a large number of signal losses. The "Point Dish" signal strengths seem much lower than before, but there is a "Help" message that claims the numbers should be lower. I think someone in one thread said the indicated numbers are reduced by a value of 40 from the previous values. ???

I called CSR and after I read off the hex numbers listed in the "Details" screen they said my LNB was bad. I'm not convinced this is the case since everything worked fine before the receiver replacement. Can anyone confirm or deny that the 443 code might fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any/all responses.

~CJ5

Hello all. Just registered yesterday and glad I did -- what a great wealth of knowledge here.

I'm curious if someone could provide more detail about this "Signal Loss" problem. I think I may be experiencing it and wonder if the 443 code will fix it.

My original VIP622 died (failed to boot). It had great signal and was basically trouble free for a couple years prior to the failure.

Dish sent a replacement 622 via the Brown Truck. It currently has 441 code loaded. It frequently experiences signal loss. The "System Info" shows a red X on the 129 bird and the "Details" lists a large number of signal losses. The "Point Dish" signal strengths seem much lower than before, but there is a "Help" message that claims the numbers should be lower. I think someone in one thread said the indicated numbers are reduced by a value of 40 from the previous values. ???

I called CSR and after I read off the hex numbers listed in the "Details" screen they said my LNB was bad. I'm not convinced this is the case since everything worked fine before the receiver replacement. Can anyone confirm or deny that the 443 code might fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any/all responses.

~CJ5

Its a possiblity that the LNB is bad or that you need to adjust the pointing of your dish. The Dish 1000 LNB's are known to die and thats one reason for the 1000.2's (besides the better signal).

Maybe a power surge or something of that nature killed the previous LNB and your dead 622 at the same time?

My personal experiences with 443 I have posted in another thread, but to make a long story short I lost virtually all OTA functionality.

I have noticed with my Dish 1000 that I have LNB drift of -6 (although no signal loss issues yet). Figured I would wait till it really starts to die before replacing it with a 1000.2 :). Otherwise I will get a 1000.2 when the house sells and I move.

Its a possiblity that the LNB is bad or that you need to adjust the pointing of your dish. The Dish 1000 LNB's are known to die and thats one reason for the 1000.2's (besides the better signal).

Maybe a power surge or something of that nature killed the previous LNB and your dead 622 at the same time?

My personal experiences with 443 I have posted in another thread, but to make a long story short I lost virtually all OTA functionality.

I have noticed with my Dish 1000 that I have LNB drift of -6 (although no signal loss issues yet). Figured I would wait till it really starts to die before replacing it with a 1000.2 :). Otherwise I will get a 1000.2 when the house sells and I move.

I have Dish 1000 Plus (that includes 118, 110, 119 and 129 satellites).. Are those bad too?

I have Dish 1000 Plus (that includes 118, 110, 119 and 129 satellites).. Are those bad too?

I havent seen anything personally in regards to the + models. Just that the orginial 1000 models are starting to have some LNB issues and they dont get 129 very well to begin with.

Got443. I'm not a beta tester, so I thought it may be of interest for people waiting for a fix. Fixed the activate message and everything seems quite good so far.

When I got my 722 last Sunday, the tech hooked it up and it downloaded 443 version software. Is the delay just with the 622's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)