Dish 622 L356 Software Release Notes

Avoid using a circuit breaker to turn things on and off... circuit breakers are designed to trip when there is an overload of power (hence the 'break' part of the name) if you repeatably turn a breaker on and off you are wearing out the breaker / shortening its life, and it's not cheap to replace (well the breaker is pretty cheap but the labor / emergency call will not be)... conversely if you have to constantly reset a tripped breaker that may indicate another problem (overload / worn out breaker). Plus

Not good, I'd suggest you get another power strip and only plug in the dish receiver into it and then plug the other end into the wall, position the power strip on / off where it's easier to flip.

That is what I did when I had the 921 receiver, then my 942 and now my 622. A simple power strip that I still have it plugged in behind my sat receiver. I can easily turn it on and off with a simple switch on /off. No more pulling out the tv to get to the plug.

MikeD-C05 said:
That is what I did when I had the 921 receiver, then my 942 and now my 622. A simple power strip that I still have it plugged in behind my sat receiver. I can easily turn it on and off with a simple switch on /off. No more pulling out the tv to get to the plug.

That pretty much sums up "E"s receiver quality. The last 3 top of the line receivers from Dish and you have to develope a system for doing hard boots on them because it's so often required. Might as well throw the 811 in there too.

The 622 is potentially a great receiver but Dish is certainly trying their best to trash it. I figure about 2 more downloads ought to do it.

We've gotten so used to putting up with garbage from Dish that we just expect and put up with it.

It's embarrasing when you have people over to watch some HD and all of a sudden the friggen picture goes blank and the audio sounds like a screamin banshi.

I'm now predicting the next 20 posts will basically be kudus to Dish and the 622.:D

waltinvt said:
That pretty much sums up "E"s receiver quality. The last 3 top of the line receivers from Dish and you have to develope a system for doing hard boots on them because it's so often required. Might as well throw the 811 in there too.

The 622 is potentially a great receiver but Dish is certainly trying their best to trash it. I figure about 2 more downloads ought to do it.

We've gotten so used to putting up with garbage from Dish that we just expect and put up with it.

It's embarrasing when you have people over to watch some HD and all of a sudden the friggen picture goes blank and the audio sounds like a screamin banshi.

I'm now predicting the next 20 posts will basically be kudus to Dish and the 622.:D

Yeah , but shouldn't your company be impressed that it is a black screen in High Def and that screaming banshi is in dolby digtial sound ? Probably the one time you would welcome a audio drop out too.:D

Well, I have had a few problems with the 622 but overall I think its an excellent receiver. Huge HDD (320 GB), same wonderful OSD that the 942 has, MPEG4 capable, etc.

I'd like to see DISH fix the video drop out issue. Thats really the only problem I had with the 942 and seems to be the only problem I have with the 622 as well.

-Bill :up

My 622 is working fine with the new software. Occasionally I get choppy video on HD, but it seems to clear up after a few seconds. No problems with black screens. However I have noticed that my DVR icons in my programming guide are missing sometimes.

I wonder if it is how our 622's are being used. Maybe if we all list how we are connected, and how we are using our 622's, we can see maybe what is causing the problem. I'm wondering if HDMI is a problem. Dual mode, or anything like that.

My 622:
Connected with component video
In single mode (hooked to only 1 TV)
1080i resolution selected
optical audio connection

Dish 1000

Here are the software release dates to this point on the 622:

• L350 (Initial Software) - 2-10-06

...wait 6 days...
  • L351 - 02/16/06

...wait 8 days...
  • L352 - 02/24/06

...wait 14 days...
  • L355 - 03/10/06

...wait 21 days...
  • L356 - 03/31/06
It looks like the biggest jump was from 03/10/06 to 03/31/06 with 21 days in between.

Of course, it's been 30 days now since the last update. Should we be expecting an update any time soon? The video choppiness and video/audio dropouts are craziness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts