Dish 625 DVR record only new episodes problem

MuDvAyNe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Well I have this problem only on two of the maybe 15 or so times I have.

I set the show to only record new episodes but it will then record the show every time it records. Sure I can go through and manually skip them but it's a pain in the butt.

This happened with the new show on Versus. Sports Soup. New Episodes air Tues and Thurs at 10pm.

Another is Late Night with Conan. It will record the show at 12:35am and then again at 3am.

I tried restarting the box by holding down the power button for 10 secs and letting it reboot. I reset the timers and the same thing happens.

Does anyone else experience a similar problem like this, and is there anyway to fix it?

Well I have this problem only on two of the maybe 15 or so times I have.

I set the show to only record new episodes but it will then record the show every time it records. Sure I can go through and manually skip them but it's a pain in the butt.

This happened with the new show on Versus. Sports Soup. New Episodes air Tues and Thurs at 10pm.

Another is Late Night with Conan. It will record the show at 12:35am and then again at 3am.

I tried restarting the box by holding down the power button for 10 secs and letting it reboot. I reset the timers and the same thing happens.

Does anyone else experience a similar problem like this, and is there anyway to fix it?

I have noticed the same thing. Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution either, though I have found a work around. It may work better for you to set the timer for a weekly timer on Tues and Thurs and for Mon-Fri on the other. Unfortunately, this will record new and old episodes, but it will cut down on the duplicates.

Geoff

I have found the same issue, but I think that it is not the receiver's problem.

Some of the EPG content is what tells the receiver whether the program is being shown for the first time and frequently this information is "N/A" [not available]. Since it is not there the receiver interprets it as a new show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)