Dish 625 Shutoff from inactivity warning box: Poor design decision?

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
I've noticed that if I leave my Dish 625 on the same channel for an extended period of time, a dialog box comes up informing me that the receiver will automatically shut off (well, sleep) if I don't press the cancel or no buttons. However, "Yes" is the default option...

I'm not here to troll or flame, but I find that a really poor choice - only 1 option was needed - "Cancel" or "Don't turn off". If the user really agreed they could just let the receiver turn itself off, or... they could hit the power button!

Seriously though, I wonder what the UI designer was thinking lol. Anyone else got a strange one? :D

Why don't you turn off that feature and you won't have to deal with it? It's useless as far as I'm concerned. The important setting is the one where you tell it what time to shut down for guide and software updates.

Yes, you can control it. It's a menu feature. From memory it's menu8-8.

Last edited:
That's where it is on the ViP series, but I don't recall that the option is available on the 525/625.

It's not at menu 8-8 on my VIP, It's at menu 8-4. but it was at 8-8 on 625. Apparently now at 8-7. Wherever point is you can control it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts