Dish $7 sports pak

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
What channels does D* have in their sports pak that E* does not carry or E* is in some sort of carriage dispute with? I have a friend that wants to switch to E* but is a big college sports afficianado. Thanks.

Tell your friend to call D* & E* and find out what is available in his viewing area. Generally if he wants sports stay with D*.

What channels does D* have in their sports pak that E* does not carry or E* is in some sort of carriage dispute with? I have a friend that wants to switch to E* but is a big college sports afficianado. Thanks.

One part of your question really can not be answered. Even if someone did the research for you ( :) ) by the time your friend signed up it could be changed. You can go to each website and see what each offers. I have not looked at Direct, but Dish does list the RSN's they have in the sports pak. Keep in mind, you do not generally get pro sports from the sports pak, other than when they run over the blackout time.

Why doesn't Dish carry YES or MSG?

JUST KIDDING........small joke......:dev

Main reason is those channels are regional,they only benefit those that live in their area.When I had D* I subscribed to those channels,then when I wanted to watch a game that was scheduled for that day I found it blacked out!.:mad:

Found out later if I wanted to watch a game being played I needed to subscribe to the packages that have them for everyone,but even on those you can find it blacked out too!.:confused:

So to me sports(doesn't matter which one) is one giant racket and their gonna squeeze every dollar they can out of you.As far as I'm concerned they can put them all in Dish Network's MultiSports Package and if they don't want that? we don't need access to them!.:rant:

The only sports I care about are Pro Baseball (Mets) and Pro Football (Giants). Since they have SNY (and I don't have to send a dollar to Steinbrenner), this is fine with me. The Giants are always on FOX here, so I'm good. I'd rather have the extra movie channels and keep the costs down.

If you are a Yankee/Devils/Nets/Knicks fan, you left for D* already, so there is no downside for E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)