Dish 722 dumps guide data often

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
Third time in a week this has happened.
I checked the guide at about 530pm shows set to record. We left the house and did some things outside, weather is picture perfect, dish is connected to battery backup so no power supply issues. Came home about 845pm to see none of the shows have recorded, not only that but the guide says no data available for many channels including the ones it was suppose to record on. Do a check switch and it downloads EPG data without a problem. Why is this happening? Its making me want to dump the dish.

It could be that the hard drive in the receiver is not storing the data properly. Have you tried unplugging the receiver for 15 seconds to reboot the whole receiver?

Does your daily schedule show anything for the events that were missed?

Third time in a week this has happened.
I checked the guide at about 530pm shows set to record. We left the house and did some things outside, weather is picture perfect, dish is connected to battery backup so no power supply issues. Came home about 845pm to see none of the shows have recorded, not only that but the guide says no data available for many channels including the ones it was suppose to record on. Do a check switch and it downloads EPG data without a problem. Why is this happening? Its making me want to dump the dish.

Exactly the same scenario with my 722, although not as often, about once a month. Once a recording is skipped there is no trace of it anywhere, just as it was never was supposed to be recorded. It usually happens to schedules that have be active for months and worked without any problems before.

My 722 does this only if someone was watching TV at the time of the daily update/reboot, and chooses to CANCEL. Then I find the next day the programming schedule is screwy and recordings won't work. Like you said, only fix I could find was to do a Check Switch which will force the update, though last time I did that the records were still screwy and I had to remove the recurring recordings and readd to fix. I've changed the reboot time from 3am to 4:30am for the rare times we're still up at 3am watching TV on the weekends.

Any chance you have teenagers that would be awake watching TV when the update tries to happen? At least that may explain why it happens, instead of wondering if the hard drive is dying or something else wrong with the box.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the HD. I am recording every day at least 5-6 hours without any problems. If the problem was the HD this problem would not exist only once a month randomly with a single recording. At least in my case, I am sure it has nothing to do with nightly updates.

This just happened to me again this afternoon on my 722k, the third time in a month.

The previous time it came back by itself so I did not miss any future scheduled recordings.

Problem is when it goes out all the current local OTA sub channel information also goes missing. The first hour of these say Digital Service & the remainder say No Info. What happens if I have a scheduled sub channel recording during this time? Since programs do not appear in the schedule for the missing main channels I presume they will not appear for the sub channels either and therefore will not be recorded.

I can see if something missed an update cycle there would be no new data, but why does the existing guide data that was there yesterday disappear?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)