Dish 722 internal drive failure

emdoller

Aug 10, 2008
Looks like my internal drive failed and I get an "error 024" when I push the DVR button. After browsing the web I found a list of HDDs that are supposed to work as replacements.

I ordered the seagate ST3500312CS and installed it. Didn't fix it.

Any ideas? And oh yea, I'm fixing it myself because it's a purchased receiver not a rented one.

Ed

Even if it's a purchased receiver, out of warranty, DISH will replace it for $75. If you have the protection plan, they'll replace it for free. Not sure if opening it up and changing the HDD out voids the warranty though

Looks like my internal drive failed and I get an "error 024" when I push the DVR button. After browsing the web I found a list of HDDs that are supposed to work as replacements.

I ordered the seagate ST3500312CS and installed it. Didn't fix it.

Any ideas? And oh yea, I'm fixing it myself because it's a purchased receiver not a rented one.

Ed

If you would like me to look into replacement options for the receiver I can, just PM me your account information. If you have already opening the receiver, it will not be able to be returned. Please let me know, thank you!

I don't know where the $75 thing comes from, if you have an owned or leased receiver dish will replace it with a refurb free with DHP or $15 without DHP.

As for opening the receiver, as long as you were able to open it without breaking the tamper tag on the hard drive bracket it is still OK to return.

Replacing the HDD in a Dish receiver is a very tricky thing, you must obtain an EXACT model number match with the drives in the receiver database - list published at:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dishmod/database

You may have to join the group to access the database but it's free.

Try this to reformat your drive:

Using the remote #1 press the following buttons while aimed at the receiver:

1. Menu - 6 - 3 - Info - Right - Left - TV/Video (to clear the NVRAM) (press them quickly now!)

2: Then to actually format: Menu - 6 - 3 - Info - Right arrow - Left arrow (a screen filled with hexadecimal figures should appear) - Play - Play - Recall

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/223265-Vip-722-Internal-Hard-Drive-Replacement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts