Dish 722 vs 722k

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here in while (couldn't remember my old user name) but everyone has always been very helpful. Anyway I was wondering if someone out there could give me some advice. I'm currently looking for another receiver and I've been looking on eBay, I only want to purchase my receivers and have no desire to ever be under contract with Dish, and I've noticed that the 722's seem to be going for a little less than the 722k's. Is there a difference I should be aware of, (OTA is not a concern of mine)? Furthermore one receiver I've been watching in particular has a smart card in it, none of my other receivers have one (222k and 211k), is this normal? I called Dish to confirm that the receiver I'm looking to buy (while used) is able to be activated on my account, there is no money owing on it, etc, but is there anything else I should be aware of? Anyway if some of you on here could help me out and give me some information on all of this as it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

J

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here in while (couldn't remember my old user name) but everyone has always been very helpful. Anyway I was wondering if someone out there could give me some advice. I'm currently looking for another receiver and I've been looking on eBay, I only want to purchase my receivers and have no desire to ever be under contract with Dish, and I've noticed that the 722's seem to be going for a little less than the 722k's. Is there a difference I should be aware of, (OTA is not a concern of mine)? Furthermore one receiver I've been watching in particular has a smart card in it, none of my other receivers have one (222k and 211k), is this normal? I called Dish to confirm that the receiver I'm looking to buy (while used) is able to be activated on my account, there is no money owing on it, etc, but is there anything else I should be aware of? Anyway if some of you on here could help me out and give me some information on all of this as it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

J
The 722K is a newer reciever but they are other wise interchangable both have smart card built into the circuit board. You may need to check that the smart card is current so DISH can activate it S19 I believe.

I have both the 722 & 722k the OTA module on the k really being the only diff. 722k ota module giving you two ota feeds. Watch buying one! I heard of one person on here that bought a 722 and the firm ware was so old he was having a hard time getting it to activated. Receiver wanted upgrade software before it would activate and he could not get it to fire up to download from satellite.

I was that person who had trouble with old firmware. But in the end I pointed my wing dish to 119 and finally got the new firmware. BTW, Dish did have to send me a new SmartCard for my 722 and I think it works great. The OTA module is not the best but since that is not a concern - no worries. I would not be concerned about it having a SmartCard, but obviously I would call Dish with the receiver number before purchasing. I found mine locally from someone who upgraded to a Hopper.

If you don't need OTA the k doesn't come w/it unless you buy an OTA module for it. The 722's have a smart card you have to use and the k doesn't. The k is a much newer model. The k has no S vid as someone said already. The timer storage in the remote is a very good feature on the k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)