DISH 77w

Hunter Mackenzie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Does anyone know of any future plans for 77w? It looks like according to the channel chart it is mostly locals and International programming...My LOS is only able to get 72.7 and not 77 along with DISH placement for the EA dish ...I am going to add a single dish to 72.7 and run it into a DPP44 with the 61.5 119 and 110 My locals are on 61.5

Quetzsat-1 will be launching to this slot later this year. It is likely to contain many spots beams for HD locals, as well as coverage for Dish Mexico service. Doesn't look like much else will go there, but who knows. Your plan sounds reasonably good, if nonstandard. I presume just using a 1000.2 and getting 110/119/129 is not possible in your area?

yea 129 is a no go where I am...My 119/110 signal is super strong but my 61.5 is ok in the low 30's mid 40's at times...and if i put up an EA DISH and its not as strong as the 119/110 could run into rain fade or snow...even if I lose 72.7 for a bit I can still watch something with 119/110 if needed...thanks

It would appear if your locals are not on 77, that is one of the safest Sats not to get including what is known about future plans.

77 cannot really carry CONUS service since it is too close to the Canadian DBS slots. So, it will probably only carry locals on spot beams. The beams can be tight enough that they do not spill over into Canada to cause interference problems. It is a Mexican slot. So, they will be able to use it to carry programming to sell into Mexico.

I would not rule out needing 77 eventually unless your DMA near the Canadian boarder. Once they have the spot beam satellite at 77 they will be able to cover a lot more DMAs and I bet a lot will be added to 77.

Looks like there will likely be a delay for Quetzsat 1.

Telstar 14R/Estrela do Sul 2 is using the same platform (1300 series) and one of it's two solar panels did not fully deploy after launch, significantly reducing planned capacity. They will surely stop and review the design and components for all other similar satellites in construction phase in an attempt to identify the cause.

Loral Space & Communications - Telstar 14R Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)