Free On Demand NEW Release Movies!!

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Last night I was going through the On Demand movies and noticed many of the new release movies are FREE. I am not talking about the platinum selection of the old stuff, I am referring to actual new movies such as "Piranha", "My Soul to Take", "Social Network" and many more. It's weird though because some only have certain resolutions that are free for example Piranha has just the SD and 1080p free but the HD one is $6.99 and My Soul to Take has all 3 free. Note that this is only though the On Demand, not through the channel numbers. I have not tried to rent any of the freebies yet but I will once I get done work today if it's still like that (just checked now and they are still free).

Jay

How does the platinum selection work? Is it only on the 722 series, I cant see anything new on my 922, but I haven't checked the 722.

Last night I was going through the On Demand movies and noticed many of the new release movies are FREE. I am not talking about the platinum selection of the old stuff, I am referring to actual new movies such as "Piranha", "My Soul to Take", "Social Network" and many more. It's weird though because some only have certain resolutions that are free for example Piranha has just the SD and 1080p free but the HD one is $6.99 and My Soul to Take has all 3 free. Note that this is only though the On Demand, not through the channel numbers. I have not tried to rent any of the freebies yet but I will once I get done work today if it's still like that (just checked now and they are still free).

Jay

I'm downloading as we speak. Good find. I snagged 4 flicks, now we can't add these to our EHD right?? I have a VIP 722, I might add.

I dunno sounds like a glitch in the system folks.Be careful you don't d/load and get charged full price.

Yeah, it would be nice if one of the DIRT members can confirm this.

It would stink to get an email stating "due to a system error....blah, blah, blah,....we took your money".

I dunno sounds like a glitch in the system folks.Be careful you don't d/load and get charged full price.
When I do it I plan on taking pictures of my TV screen that shows the free selections for proof if they try and charge me.

I'm downloading the Social Network for free (SD) right now.....I took a pic of the TV just in case.

Same - grabbed another 1080p movie - clearly said free, took plenty of pictures just incase!

IF it is a glitch and they handle it like the last glitch with free movies in On Demand, the best you'll get after they charge you is a few PPV coupons.

if it is a glitch then why doesn't it list all movies and all sd hd and 1080P for free,
it is a chosen few. could this be a promotion or something. it looks as if it is only for movies i had to download via the internet ,the pre - downloaded regular hd version that downloads from the satellite overnight of "red" is 6.99 but it is downloading the 1080P for free and offers the sd version as free also.

Check your purchase history. Does it show a charge? I went into the test room, I do see where it shows free, but a $4.99 charge showed in the purchase history after I ordered it.

If you order the "free" event, you will most likely be charged. In the mean time, please do not use the free VOD services. If you already ordered them, chances are you will be charged, but I'll make sure everything gets taken care of. I will be in some meetings throughout the evening, and will get back to you once I have more info regarding this.

Mattg why will you be charged for something that's free. I was charged for the same type of "free" content and was not reimbursed even with pictures.

It's an error, they shouldn't be free (from everyone and everything I can find). If they were ordered and there was a charge (charges for VOD can take a bit before they show in our system), I'm sure we will work something out.

*EDIT* I did just receive official word that it is an error, and some of the events are label as "free", but actually are not (there is a charge in purchase history, and will be one in our system). We will waive the VOD charges for those who already ordered it, please note that we will have a list of the events that were labeled incorrect (as I will be off for the next couple weeks, PM'ing another rep or chatting would be the better option to get this taken care of). A ticket has been put in to get the information corrected.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)