Dish 811 for $149

Is this going to be a luck-of-the-draw type contest, like a lottery,
or will we have to DO something to win, like a Charlie Trivia contest
or something?

Just called dish netowrk,...they told me the 811 will be available tomorrow for $399,...after I mentioned that this was the normal retail price, and asked if there was an "exclusive" price, I was told that the "exclusive" price was $399...so I will try again sometime, as at one point, dish network did offer me an exclusive price on the 6000 of $149...

It will be a luck of the draw thing.

I installed some new software that lets each user "buy" one ticket per giveaway.

At the end of a specified time the server stops making tickets available for "sale" and picks a Winner at random.

It then notifies me of the Winner and I announce it in the chat (I don't even see whos entered in the contest)

By the way to enter is FREE, I am just using the terms "Buy a ticket" and "for sale" as terms to describe things easier.

I contacted Dishnetwork this morning at 11:30. I was told I am an exclusive member and entilted to an 811 receiver for $149, with no commitment or delivery charge. I was told it would need to be installed, which I don't understand as I already have have dish 500 + 61.5 sats. They also told me this will not be available until tomorrow morning. Shipping would take 5-7 business days. We'll see tomorrow.

I was also advised that I qualify for the 811 promotion at the $149.00 price. This is too good to pass up. I will place my order first thing tomorrow morning.

Can anyone provide details of this so-called promotion? Will it include a second dish and installation if required? Also, has anyone broken the code on getting good information from Dish CSRs?

I spoke to one of the legions of clueless CSRs today. She didn't know anything about this 811 promotion. When I pressed her, she spoke to her supervisor and informed me that the 6000u promotion had recently ended and I can expect some sort of 811 promo at the beginning of the year. Should I just keep calling until I get a CSR that has a clue? Is there enough hours in the day?

lkstaack you will need to wait till tomorrow it will be on their computer system then you can order it if you do not have a local dealer listed on your account otherwise you will have to buy it from your local dealer.

I was told this mornng that I did not qualify for a 811 for $149. It would cost me $199, plus $100 for a new dish and installation, if I signed up for the HD channels and credit card auto pay. The CSR told me that some people qualified for the $149 promo, but not me. She said that she didn't know why.

I have been a continuous Dish customer for 4 years. Does anyone know why I wouldn't qualify for the $149 price? Any hope that I could get it?

:D :D :D :D

Just ordered my 811 for $149 and signed up for the HD package. I was told up front that I qualified for the $149 price with no charges for installation/delivery. I don't know what qualifies some for the cheaper price but I do pay my bill by the year. Don't know if that makes any difference. Anyway, I'm scheduled for this Saturday afternoon. Glad I waited on the 811 and didn't buy a 6000.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I didnt not Qualify for the 149 price either but I did get a 12/9 install date and my second dish is comming tomorrow, I already had a work order for them to install my wing dish (148) tomorrow but they could not combine the two so now I have to be home 2 days (strange but oh well). I got my system from a retailer about 3 months ago and they didnt say anything about that and it wasnt even brought up so I guess its really non issue.

I called this PM and got the $149 + tax deal as well, but I was told that i will have to give up my 6000U receiver i.e., hand it over to the guy who comes for the installation. I am not sure this is how it should be since I paid for the box @$199.

You should not have to give them ANYTHING (Ie your 6000)

Call them back and speak to someone else.

Your equipment is your equipment, dont let Dish take it. This is NOT a trade in deal.

called this PM and got the $149 + tax deal as well, but I was told that i will have to give up my 6000U receiver i.e., hand it over to the guy who comes for the installation. I am not sure this is how it should be since I paid for the box @$199.

So what are you going to do ?

Note from Scott - Hey Rolltide learn how to quote :)

I guess I will keep on calling until I talk to someone who can just give me the deal minus handing over the 6000u. Not sure if I will sell it or just keep as a backup in case something ever goes wrong. Not that DISH is ever late in appointments, but I can only have Sat. appointments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts