Dish 811 for $149

It is quite annoying that calling back and getting another CSR can result in better deals. What the heck is going on in the dish network call center that allows for this to happen?

At any rate, I called and was only able to get the 811 for 199$ deal + was forced to commit for 12months to AT50. Oh well...

This 811 deal sounds just like the 6000 deal.

If you are an exclusive customer, then the receiver is $149 and NO committment necessary.

If you are not an exclusive customer, then the receiver is $199 and you need a 12 month minimum committment.

"exclusive" means some level of programming higher than the minimum?
I've been a Dish customer since they were upstarts (I want to say longer than 6 years...
is that plausible?)... Anyway my point is I've been a customer for a long time.
And I'm on autopay. But I've only ever subscribed to the minimum programming package,
no premium channels.
I'm guessing that's the dividing criterion.

So just got lucky at the 2nd time I called. Got the $149 + tax deal, no commitment, but they do not ship it. They HAVE to come and install it (whatever that means) and I get to keep the 6000u. I had thought that it would just be a matter of taking out 6000 and plugging in the 811. Now it is time to look for a DVI hub since I already have a DVD player connected to DVI on my TV.

WOW my 6000 just sold on Ebay within 4 hours and my 811 install is not until Wednesday. If I had know I would of upped the by it now price. I can't believe the 6000's are moving so quickly.

I don't claim to totally understand "exclusive" status, but my understanding from taking to someone who answers ceo@echostar emails is that I was became "exclusive" after I got $50 a month in programming charges. I have been a Dish customer for 3 years, but not sure how that factors into the "exclusive" equation.

I finally got "a" $149 deal, but it wasn't easy. When the second CSR said that I wasn't authorized to get the promo (I was authorized for $199 811 plus $100 for a second dish & installation), I asked to talk to her Super.

The Super said that I wasn't authorized the $149 promo, and that authorized people were selected randomly. I asked her if she could "select" me and I started haggling with her, offering to pay in advance, etc. She finally agreed to sell it to me for $149 installed if I agreed to a two year commitment.

You know, a CSR also claimed to me that "exclusives" were chosen randomly also. That just didn't sound right to me, that an "exclusive" DISH customer would be selected randomly.

The person from the ceo@echostar email office said that just wasn't true, you got that status after a certain level of service ($50 I think) and maybe some time with Dish also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts