Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
- Tribune copyright text for extended event info.

- Remove local channels from EPG when not subscribed

- Misc. Caller ID, Search/Themes, and event timer UI fixes

- Fix for 105 sat. detection on port 4 of a DPP44 switch

- More robust checkswitch when using a DPPTwin LNB

- Timeout on HD setup config. changed to 15 seconds

- Allow entry of all 148 sat. transponders in point-dish menu

- EPG 'no info' and download from main menu fixes, also QAM mode EPG fixes

- Removed HDTV screen positioning adjustment

- Device name updated for Dual Band (118.7) LNB in checkswitch summary menu

- Lost-lock error message on OTA channels no has reference number

It's pretty obvious and called the big squeeze. Since enticements didn't work for everyone, maybe they're now trying to force customers to upgrade by taking away features. If that doesn't work, I expect the units will develope some "mysterious" bugs.

What do you mean "develop" mysterious bugs? Both of my 811's have been acting mysteriously now for over two months, disappearing channels, guide needs to download every time you try to view it, sound issues, etc

If that doesn't work, I expect the units will develope some "mysterious" bugs.

Can you imagine if they really did that? Make the service crappy in the hopes that you would sign up for more... corner the market on masochists.

I like to believe that they are incompetent rather than malicious, but in the end the result is the same....churn.

Just got software download p3.85. It seems to do what p3.84 was supposed to do, as far as I can tell: HD screen adjust function gone, tribune media copyright now in listings...

I got p384 the other day. My problem with locking one OTA digital channel (strong signal, but 811 went into auto re-boot if channel was selected) is apparently fixed. However, I now have the No Info problem with the EPG again. That is what was fixed with p381/p382 that caused my OTA channel lock problem. Can't Dish "fix" anything without screwing up something else?

"Can't Dish "fix" anything without screwing up something else?"

NO. It never fails, everytime they release new software they fix something and screw up something else.

Seems like since this P384 release I keep getting the Smartcard not authorized message frequently when I turn to the movie channels. Then I have to wait a minute or two for it to go away. Wonder if this is an introduced "feature" to get us 811 owners to upgrade.

Seems like since this P384 release I keep getting the Smartcard not authorized message frequently when I turn to the movie channels. Then I have to wait a minute or two for it to go away. Wonder if this is an introduced "feature" to get us 811 owners to upgrade.
I vote for "incompetent engineers" over "E* marketing conspiracy".

I haven't checked my 811 software status, but it doesn't matter. The 811 is the worst piece of electronic crap ever designed. I had to put a power strip in my entertainment center to allow me to unplug the 811 when is takes a dump. I really wonder what the engineers are doing. I'm sure E* is assuming that the 811 is history and that there is no real need to get the SW right.

They took it away for all those that don't pay the extor....I mean sub to LiLs.

I've paid for subbing to the LiLs since 1999, so that isn't my problem. It's the hosed-up software revision. I've decided to do nothing for the foreseeable future as the current problems with the 811 are causing my wife to lean toward a switch to cable.

Carl B.

Anyone else get P385? My program guide for OTA locals is gone! Even if I unplug and re-power up, my local OTA guide is gone. Geez guys.

My OTA guide is gone also. I sub to Toledo ohio locals but also use Ft. Wayne In. OTA. They don't CARE about those of us that have that option!!!!

What happens to the old 811's

Just wondering what will happen to the old 811's. Does Dishnet ask for you to return it when upgrading? Do they refurb it and send it off to Canada rebadged as an ExpressVU or something?

If they didn't ask for this frigging paper weight back...

I'd take both of my 811's, use one for target practice at the range, and smash the hell out of the other one with a sledge hammer!!! That would be very therapeutic!!!

Omg. I'm so glad I stopped here to see the story with this update before accepting it.

It will never go onto my box.

Come on FIOS. They're digging in my neighborhood, but are still several blocks away ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)