Dish 811 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mits55711

Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Allen, TX
On 9/11 I had a Dish installer attempt to install the 811 on my 2 yr old Mits 55711. He said he couldn't. So I took it upon my self to figure out if this TV can or cannot work with the 811. It appears it can, by using an YPrPb cable. So I bought one and am having the 811 delivered this Saturday (9/25). By browsing the different forums (specifically with the 811), does anyone have any known pitfalls when setting up the 811? From what I understand, my TV will only receive 1020I, so I'm going to have to set up the receiver to do all the conversion (for those stations transmitting in 720). Any/all help to prevent a high level of frustration, would be appreciated.

Set the 811 to 1080I. Some 811s go out with 720P as the default. Your Mits will not recognize 720P. Hook up an S-Video from the 811 to one of your TV inputs. Go to that input on the TV and when the 811 is fully loaded, change the output to 1080I. I'll bet that's why the installer said that it wouldn't work with your Mits. And yes, the component cable is the way to go. I have a 3 year old Mits and have been through this. It works just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)