They're here again...

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
An installer is here trying to sort out my bad/intermittent sig quality on 105. He's swinging the dish wildly trying to hit this thing.
I told the executive offices that the pole needs to be moved a few ft because of trees - it doesn't look like he wants to move the pole even though it's been weakened by several installers because it wasn't plumb in the first place.
Anyhow, he's outside with his signal meter saying something about how he has 3 more jobs to do today.

I can see how this will end up, for the 4th or 5th time.
I've lost count.

Cascade said:
An installer is here trying to sort out my bad/intermittent sig quality on 105. He's swinging the dish wildly trying to hit this thing.
I told the executive offices that the pole needs to be moved a few ft because of trees - it doesn't look like he wants to move the pole even though it's been weakened by several installers because it wasn't plumb in the first place.
Anyhow, he's outside with his signal meter saying something about how he has 3 more jobs to do today.

I can see how this will end up, for the 4th or 5th time.
I've lost count.

All i can say is sorry

Tell him he needs to move the pole

if that doesnt work...find a baseball bat and hit him with it and do it yourself (whoa....watching too much wrestling) :)

I told the woman at the executive offices weeks ago that the pole needs moving, I told him that he needs to move the pole, his reply..
"I only have one pole on my van and that's for the next job I have."

goaliebob99 said:
dont sign the paperwork till he does it right

I'm not going to until 105 stops cutting out.

Apparently he can't get a good sig off 105 because of trees, even though I know that I can get G3C at 95degrees with a great sig strength where the superdish is now..

Edit: Granted, that's with a slightly bigger dish which is why I said that the superdish needs to be moved a few ft.

He asked me to sign with a note saying 105 sig is good but not excellent.
Sig on 105 has reduced by 5-10 points.
His work order was to relocate the dish, he has no pole to mount the dish.
I'm not signing squat.

Cascade said:
I'm not signing squat.

I wouldn't sign it either

Cascade said:
I'm not signing squat.

Do NOT sign that... they need to move the dish... you told the CEO office... they probably told the installer. The installer ignored them.. its his a... err umm... butt

I didn't, he's leaving.
His supervisor, "Cliff" will be here in 60-90 mins.
Why is it that a rank amateur like myself can get a good sig off 105 but a professional who does this every day doesn't even carry a pole to relocate the dish when his work order clearly states "Relocate dish"?

Howdy, Mr Shields.
All I seem to be getting are morons since this new place opened up, I think these guys are in Norfolk or VA Beach, I didn't get any papers from them because I refused to sign.
I can see what'll happen: "Cliff" will come out, take a look at his meter and tell me that I can't get 105 from there and leave.
I eBay the superdish, put the 500 back up and buy a 30" dish with LNB for 105.

Dont make fun of the hamster :)

The only way to do it would be the following (to utilize all the receivers to get locals)
-Dish500 with 2 legacy duals
-30" dish with dual KU band LNBF
-SW64

What do you have riight now for a Dish500? What type of LNB?

dang
there isnt a KU LNB that would work with DishPro

If you had a legacy quad, it would be easier
-Dual KU LNB
-Hi Frequency Splitter
-3 SW21's

split one line form the KU LNB so you have 3 outputs and tie all 3 outputs from the KU band to the Dish500

Sounds like it'd be easier to move within 20ft of their uplink site and throw a few LNBs over the fence at their dish hoping to catch some of their signal from there :)

Goodbye rainfade, hello radiation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)