They're here again...

Cascade said:
Very true, I-64 is a nightmare and it's only getting worse.

Still heard nothing from Cliff, he's probably been swallowed up on I-64...

Its sad how bad I-64 is everywhere... it seven bad way over here in KY

Good luck!!!

Hopefully this guy gets it fixed....then you're little name under your name can change to "Superdish finally f**king works" :)

hehe, not today :)

He laughed after spinning the dish around the pole after the last "tech" left it loose, laughed again at the way it was held together with zipties and luck then told me I was right and the dish needed to be moved to where I'd originally said.
He's grounding it properly, running new co-ax to the house, burying it and replanting the dish.
He's basically doing a full reinstall because he didn't like anything about it so he peaked the dish as much as he could in the place it was already and he's coming back tomorrow for a hard days labor as it's too late to start it tonight.
If all goes well tomorrow and he does what he says he'll do, I'll be satisfied with the install.

Iceberg said:
you cant win, can ya buddy?

It's definitely up there on the never-ending-issue-suckage scale

I only do it to keep Charlie on his toes.
I wonder who installed his system, you *know* he got gold shielded co-ax and full rustproofing on *his* dish.
Heck, I'll bet his dish is even grounded.

Did Cliff say when he owuld be there tomorrow?

This sounds like some of the telephone installs I deal with everyday

First thing in the morning.
He told me that he'd be burying the cable too as I had to bury the the original cable - about 35ft.
The first installer told me he was only allowed to bury 12ft so i did the rest.
Apparently they're allowed to bury 50ft.

Charlie probably has his own uplink and/or downlink center at his house along with receivers we have never even seen before custom made for him picking up everything in the clear.

goaliebob99 said:
dont sign the paperwork till he does it right

Exactly. If you don't sign the paperwork, he doesn't get paid. As for him only having one pole on his truck, that's not really your problem. He has a supervisor or lead tech who can bring him another, or he can stop by Home Depot or Lowes and buy a new one (depending on the Type of Dish). I've seen too many customers who constantly have repeat trouble calls, because they just sign the paperwork. Once you sign the paperwork, you are indicating that the job is complete and to your satisfaction. In my area, (north Georgia), the Field Service Manager is doing his best to eleminate techs who do temporary fixes just to get to the next job. I myself have told techs "if they don't want to do it right, then they can look for work elsewhere."
Don't settle for less.

It'd better damn well be soon, I'm out at 3 to prepare for this housewarming party we're having tomorrow.
He's cutting it fine and I'm not wasting another day waiting for these people.

Cascade said:
It'd better damn well be soon, I'm out at 3 to prepare for this housewarming party we're having tomorrow.
He's cutting it fine and I'm not wasting another day waiting for these people.

Amen to that... If he doesnt show up I (Personally) would do something rasha nd mean but thats beside the point :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts