DISH 942 & 2 HD TVs...Possible?

unislick

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Need some install advice....here is my current setup:

DISH 942 TV1 - HDTV in basement (external antenna OTA connected as well)
DISH 942 TV2 - SD ran to Bedroom (2nd story)

DISH 301 - Connected to TV in Office (2nd story)

Question...I have just recently purchased a new Toshiba LCD (37HL67) w/built in tuner for my bedroom (currently TV2 SD). Anyway I can get an HD signal to that tv w/out purchasing another receiver and still have an HD signal in the basement (currently TV1)? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Sure, I did the exact same thing. Run an HDMI cable to the bedroom. Hook the bedroom LCD to the 942 with that and hook the basement HD TV to the 942 with component cables. Use the TV2 remote in the bedroom, it's UHF. Works great, but remember, the to TV's are mirrored, so whatever is on one, is the same picture on the other HD TV. If you want a different HD signal, use the built in TV tuner of the LCD.

Thanks...anyway to do it by not having the signal mirrored? Also, any thoughts on how on Earth to get the HDMI cable to the bedroom?

Thanks...anyway to do it by not having the signal mirrored? Also, any thoughts on how on Earth to get the HDMI cable to the bedroom?

There's usually always a way. I ran a 65 foot HDMI cable in walls, through an office, up into the attic, then back down. It was a job, but there isn't a day that goes by I'm not glad I did it!

If you want to watch different HD channels, you need a second HD receiver. TV2 on the 622 is only SD. But yes you can watch the same thing on two HD TVs with component on one and HDMI on the other one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts