Dish about to lose even MORE local channels

Usually the actual video is still being uplinked but no channel number points to the video stream since the channel now points to the dispute slates.

. They want you to pay for a signal you should be getting for free. There is something wrong with this picture.

Let's see. I can copy the website of Satellite Guys and post it and quote anypart of it.. change a header or some info in it and post it on another web site. Oh, that's illegal because it is copyrighted?

The broadcasters hold the copyright on the programs on their franchise. Ever see a sporting event televised or hear one on the radio that has a disclaimer "without the written permission of ..." It is the same thing. Individuals can use it but can't sell it.

Let's see. I can copy the website of Satellite Guys and post it and quote anypart of it.. change a header or some info in it and post it on another web site. Oh, that's illegal because it is copyrighted?

The broadcasters hold the copyright on the programs on their franchise. Ever see a sporting event televised or hear one on the radio that has a disclaimer "without the written permission of ..." It is the same thing. Individuals can use it but can't sell it.

Recovering cost associated with providing access to viewers who are supposed to be served by a broadcaster is hardly selling something.

BTW: The copyright on most programs is held by the studios and production companies not the networks or their affiliates. Copyright and permission to use/distribute are not the same things.

NightRyder

My guess on why they chose to move some markets HD serviced to EA is due to the fact that the trees and hills makes the low look angles of 129 rough so it makes more sense to make it a EA market.

It would be great if Dish Network would consider elevation angles when making their EA versus WA decisions. For the North Texas and Southern Oklahoma DMAs, the 129 bird is at 2+ degrees greater elevation than the 61.5 bird.

Is KTEN back on Dish? I heard it was back on. Are the HD versions of KXII and KTEN on Dish as they said they would be last year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)