Dish accuses CBS of ordering 'Big Bang Theory' star to delete sponsored Hopper tweet

I would imagine her BBT contract allows stuff like this, or her agent wouldn't have accepted the gig from Dish. I wonder how CBS forced her to remove it? Perhaps her contract is up for renewal soon?

More likely her contract never even considered the situation. But, she does not work for CBS, she works for Warner Brothers Television. They sell CBS the show.

Boy,that Les Moonves shows his dictatorial powers off every chance he gets.:rolleyes:

More likely her contract never even considered the situation. But, she does not work for CBS, she works for Warner Brothers Television. They sell CBS the show.
Usually, the network has quite a bit of creative and contractual control on its programming, regardless of the production studio or show runners.

it wouldn't surprise me if she deleted on her own to stay out of the controversy. Especially once it started gaining traction in the media. If it's a choice between a tweet or millions of dollars in salary, most people would choose to bury the tweet.

Since she's the RAV4 Genie it would be a neat move for her to become the new Directv Genie. :D

here's what CBS said....
CBS shot back at Dish. "Once again, Joe Clayton demonstrates his dubious gift for hyperbole and hucksterism. No demands were made, but it's clear that Dish's culture of fabrication is alive and well," a spokesman said in a statement.

Anyone who heard or read about the CES CNET/CBS fiasco isn't likely to believe CBS on this one. They reap what they sow, and deservedly so. I also note there is no categorical denial that they had nothing in the least to do with it. They could have communicated a "suggestion" to an intermediary. We know they aren't too bright over there.

Sounds like a good idea for a new ad...... knock knock knock PENNY!

Sell some service for a penny and get Cuoco to pitch it. She's pitching everything else these days (Priceline, the car company she had the super bowl commercial with, etc.).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)