DISH Acquires DBS and OTT Assets from EchoStar

That's the thing I find curious about a Verizon deal, though. Verizon has such a large infrastructure already, they seem the least likely to need all the Dish spectrum, unless they were just making a play to keep it away from their competitors.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So DISH will do SLING Tv and also manufacture the set top boxes as well as write the software and they will own and maintain the uplinks and the satellites themselves ? So what exactly will Echostar do besides Hughes net internet? I guess we get Vemka back at DISH instead of Echostar too?

Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44
Even if Dish and Tmo merge, and launch a 5G network, that network would be limited to the size of Tmo's current infrastructure, which is severely lacking in size compared to Verizon. It certainly wouldn't do many rural customers much good, including me.. all I have is a Verizon tower near me
Verizon can bring things to the Table that TM can only dream of.
First TM is a Cheap Wireless only provider.

Verizon in the Landline, TV and Wireless business already.
I could see more happening with Verizon way faster.

TMOBILE i see a future of more pissed off customers with lackluster cell phone service and not enough money left over to support a fleet of satellites.

And If Charlie has control,
T mobile will get exploited, sued, and probably start losing customers in an attempt to maximize profit as fast and careless as possible.

Again only my opinion .

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Really? I hadn't noticed. :biggrin

I think the point is that the former administration would have probably been much harder for any of these mergers to get by than this one will be, and they let that one by.
The would have let the att/time warner merger fly...so far Trump has opposed...Trump is not a typical republican so far...should be real interesting

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

That's the thing I find curious about a Verizon deal, though. Verizon has such a large infrastructure already, they seem the least likely to need all the Dish spectrum, unless they were just making a play to keep it away from their competitors.
There is only "x" amount of spectrum available..eventually charlie will get his price

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Because Verizon is the largest cell phone provider in the country is the reason they would never allow Verizon and dish to merge this would have to sell that Spectrum to be able to merge with Verizon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
But Dish doesn't have a cell phone infrastructure and barely a Internet Infrastructure.
So why does it matter?
They allowed the Largest Satellite provider to merge with the second largest Wireless provider, that also had 6 million of its own TV subscribers.

Thats merger was far larger conflicting of intrest than a Verizon and Dish Merger.

But Dish doesn't have a cell phone infrastructure and barely a Internet Infrastructure.
So why does it matter?
They allowed the Largest Satellite provider to merge with the second largest Wireless provider, that also had 6 million of its own TV subscribers.

Thats merger was far larger conflicting of intrest than a Verizon and Dish Merger.
Yeah but DirecTV didn't own any Spectrum

So why does it matter?

Has nothing to do with Dish Network not having any system setup for a cell phone company it just has to do with the fact that they own Spectrum

Also here is another Fun fact.

Dish and Verizon are both Headquartered in the USA.

As was Directv And AT&T.

T mobile is not.

Not to bring this thread political but in this case the Government is for keeping Jobs in America now more than ever.

So I would not be surprised our president/government doesn't allow a T mobile merger with our American based Satellite provider.

Essentially handing Dish over to a Germany based company?

Not so sure that a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)