DISH Acquires DBS and OTT Assets from EchoStar

Verizon would never be allowed to merge with Dish because of the spectrum that dish owns

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Dish's spectrum holdings are less of an impediment than it sounds like. Dish hasn't actually built out a network, and that spectrum was available to Verizon in the first place. If Dish had a wireless service already out there, that would be an antitrust issue. But, just holding the spectrum isn't a big deal. Suppose Dish went bust tomorrow and the spectrum became available, it would very likely go to an existing company. There's a reason Dish hasn't done anything with it yet, because it's very expensive to build a network from scratch and very hard to break into the market starting from zero.

The would have let the att/time warner merger fly...so far Trump has opposed...Trump is not a typical republican so far...should be real interesting

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Trump is very likely to allow the AT&T/TW merger. He doesn't have a direct say in it anyway, the DOJ/FTC does, but AT&T is feeling more and more confident after meeting with him. To think he will be less pro-business than Obama, regardless of industry, is a fool's errand.

Also here is another Fun fact.

Dish and Verizon are both Headquartered in the USA.

As was Directv And AT&T.

T mobile is not.

Not to bring this thread political but in this case the Government is for keeping Jobs in America now more than ever.

So I would not be surprised our president/government doesn't allow a T mobile merger with our American based Satellite provider.

Essentially handing Dish over to a Germany based company?

Not so sure that a good idea.

T-Mobile is fully headquartered in the US. They are owned by Deutsche Telekom, but DT has been trying to sell T-Mobile for a while. They will be perfectly happy to sell T-Mobile to Dish, let T-Mo become a fully USA owned company, and just own a small non-controlling stake that they'd probably slowly sell off over time.

Reactions: DWS44
T-Mobile is fully headquartered in the US. They are owned by Deutsche Telekom, but DT has been trying to sell T-Mobile for a while. They will be perfectly happy to sell T-Mobile to Dish, let T-Mo become a fully USA owned company, and just own a small non-controlling stake that they'd probably slowly sell off over time.
T Mobile Headquarters is in Bonn ,Germany
They aren't headquartered in the USA.

T Mobile Headquarters is in Bonn ,Germany
They aren't headquartered in the USA.

The merger would be with T-Mobile USA, not the parent T-Mobile. The surviving entity would be a US company, the Germans have been trying desperately to get out of the US for a long time

The merger would be with T-Mobile USA, not the parent T-Mobile
65% of the Controlling steak is owned by the Bonn Germany Headquarters.
2e0259ed5bd4eabb6dcc1ef9ea684cdc.jpg

Maybe this is how Deutsche Telekom gets out of the US market...let Charles in Charge acquire TMO and wrap it into Dish, becoming fully US-owned. That'd be a Charlie-esque power move.

I know all you T Mobile subscribers are getting excited.

But Dish has a better chance of survival with Verizon than TMOBILE.

TMOBILE will destroy Dish, take its SlingTV and its spectrum .

Verizon will use the spectrum, and expand their TV offering into places they can't even dream of now with Land line services.

I HATE Verizon by the way.
I don't hate T mobile, But I don't think T mobile has good intentions for Dish.
I would feel better if Charlie bought T mobile.

VERIZON is the best bet IMO.

Maybe this is how Deutsche Telekom gets out of the US market...let Charles in Charge acquire TMO and wrap it into Dish, becoming fully US-owned. That'd be a Charlie-esque power move.
Thats what I hope happens.
Charlie to aquire T Mobile, Not the other way around.
But it doesn't sound like thats the way it would go from the articles I've read.

As much as I hate Verizon, I would rather see a Merger with them than TMOBILE.
Verizon has an Infrastructure already in place that towers anything Tmobile could dream of .

TMOBILE merger, would be a very Ho Hum merger.

Have to agree Tmobile is non existent in many rural areas while Verizon already has the equipment in place with 4G.

Thats what I hope happens.
Charlie to aquire T Mobile, Not the other way around.
But it doesn't sound like thats the way it would go from the articles I've read.

I like what Tmo has done to help make the wireless industry more competitive, but I don't like what they'd probably do to DBS if they had control of Dish. Tmobile's focus is metropolitan areas. Metropolitan areas have people who will use Sling TV. Rural areas will continue to depend on DBS for at least 10+ more years. Do you think John Legere cares about that? He hasn't built out Tmobile's footprint since he took over. That's my concern.

I like what Tmo has done to help make the wireless industry more competitive, but I don't like what they'd probably do to DBS if they had control of Dish. Tmobile's focus is metropolitan areas. Metropolitan areas have people who will use Sling TV. Rural areas will continue to depend on DBS for at least 10+ more years. Do you think John Legere cares about that? He hasn't built out Tmobile's footprint since he took over. That's my concern.
I Agree T mobile is all about MOBILE.
And with Charlie having only 6-8% projected controlling stake.
I'm against that ...

Doesn't Dish/Echostar have to use that spectrum or lose it in a few years?

Doesn't Dish/Echostar have to use that spectrum or lose it in a few years?

Yes, and that date is approaching fast...2021 for at least some of it. That's probably the biggest indicator that Charlie intends on selling Dish, or he'd at least be making motions towards building a network

65% of the Controlling steak is owned by the Bonn Germany Headquarters.
Why didn't you show the part from that same page that reads:

Headquarters
Bellevue, Washington

T-Mobile is a US-based company. They have a full organization of executives, marketing, sales, etc, etc here in the US. Having a foreign parent company doesn't undo that.

Reactions: TheKrell
Why didn't you show the part from that same page that reads:

Headquarters
Bellevue, Washington

T-Mobile is a US-based company. They have a full organization of executives, marketing, sales, etc, etc here in the US. Having a foreign parent company doesn't undo that.
Because 65% of that company is controlled by Bonn Germany Headquarters.

I've listed that a number of times.
A Foreign country own 65% of T mobile USA.
That 35% is T mobile USA by name only.
That 35% isn't the ones in the market for Dish Network .

It doesn't always have to look like something is being hidden you know...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)