Dish actuator question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rplarry

Mar 10, 2009
Baja Mexico
I use a qarl 2424 to move a solar pv array at my solar powered home in Mexico. I have been using a Super Powerjack for a couple of years and have had some failures, always the plastic gears in the power train break. I can't find parts so I am forced to buy a new actuator each time.
My question is, is there a another actuator that will not self destruct if the limit switches fail and the actuator goes all the way to its stop? Maybe something with a built in clutch that will slip until I get there to reset the darn thing?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Larry

larry there are better actuators out there, I haven't tried to locate one yet but have had the same problems with superjacks failing. Like everything else, they don't make 'em like they used to. Have one SJ on a 10' dish that's been working since about 1997, but one I bought 2yrs ago failed after only about one year.
The cadillac of actuators is the Thompson_saginaw brand, if they are still available. Cost twice what a superjack does but lasts and lasts.

Turbosat
I took your advice and ordered a venture/thomson saginaw, seems that the two companys have combined. thanks for the response.
Larry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)