says rang overflow what that mean

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

queeny

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
south carolina
tried playing move dish was on amc4 getin history bio dish most have moved to center I guess know getting stamax5 I think rtpi america on screen. Ok trin this on a viewsat ultra 2000(no not ex hacker got in garage sale.If ya been reading on here i can,t get dish to move.Yes has power to it as just said above it most have moved to center.I have long and lat in usal that how it moved. know it keeps coming up saying range overflow what is that and how do I fix my :eek: lat is 34n long 81 is there a + or minus to this when I look up it does have a - next to 81 receiver just say n/or S e/or w thanks for any help If I can,t get to move guess back on roof and find amc4 again so I get history and bio .Thanks for any help Rob

You're in the right area of the receiver. Range Overflow, or Out of Range, usually mean that the USALS parameter are not correct, OR the satellite you are setting up is beyond the range of USALS calculation abilities. It should be -81 deg, or 81 W longitude.

I don't have your receiver, so I can't be specific. Try moving your cursor to the longitude area, and then try a right arrow, or down arrow to change from + to - . Other than that , maybe someone with the same receiver will chime in.

just make sure the longitude is set for W. Some receivers are defaulted to E for some reason (my Coolsat 8000 did that)...Usually to change to W move the cursor on the receiver over to where it says "E" and hit "OK".,..that should turn it to W

just make sure the longitude is set for W. Some receivers are defaulted to E for some reason (my Coolsat 8000 did that)...Usually to change to W move the cursor on the receiver over to where it says "E" and hit "OK".,..that should turn it to W

Here are some notes that are specific to a Coolsat receiver such as the Coolsat 5000. They may not apply to other receivers, but you might keep the information in mind just in case you can apply it to your receiver, too.

I have observed that, if you are adding a brand new satellite that is not in the existing list, you might have to have a valid TP entered for that satellite before it will allow you to change the default E to W.

There is another method to get around this that is quite easy. Subtract the satellite position from 360 and enter that number as an Eastern coordinate and it will automatically change to the proper Western coordinate.

i.e. The sat to be added is 93.0W (360 - 93 = 267) Enter 267.0 E and it will automatically change to 93.0 W.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts