Dish adds more Portuguese language programming, new channel TVBSL from Brazil

r10fret

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
FL
Just tuned to 597 @ 61.5 + 118.7 and it appears to be a new Brazilian Portuguse service called TV Brasil Internacional

TV Brasil Internacional

Wish they would have also added BAND international and BAND News, which Directv @ 95 west already has or even SBT, Globonews, or more in demand a variety portuguese language music video channel. So many great categories of music in Brasil that the rest of the world misses out on since Dish even removed HTV (latino) a while back. Come on Dish, give us channels Brasilians and Lusofones would actually pay for and want to watch!

I miss CMT Brasil which was FTA many years ago on C-band at 43 west with a footprint over FL. They actually showed music videos like GAC still does, If dish could even get a contract for MTV or VH1 Brasil from the C-band footprint at 58 west which covers the US there programming is probably just as void of actual music videos as MTV USA.

While it's great that Dish is adding more portuguese language stations, I want Globo in HD!!! I know Globo International broadcasts in HD. Come on DISH!! But every little bit helps.

Globo Broadcasts in HD back in Brazil. Now, re Globo Internacional, there isn't anything on Globo Internacional website to indicate that Globo Internacional broadcasts in HD.

Yes, Globo international in 1080i HD would be amazing, but I gave up thinking they would ever add that here, Globo is not even offering it to the cable & satellite providers yet from the channels they transmit from Rio on 55 west and 40.5 west, best thing to do is for Globo subs in the US subs to contact Fernanda Vio at TV Globo internacional public relations and let Globo know there is a demand for an HD product here. Globo has been selling many of there shows to telefutura and telemundo in the USA where they have presented Indias and Forca in HD.

fernanda.vio@tvglobo.com.br

Globo Internacional (tvglobo_inter) on Twitter

DISH Network Brazilian TV | Facebook

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)