Dish Adds New Local Hd Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And several other large markets in the western US.

It is extremely unlikely that they will be added until the Ciel 2 satellite is launched and delivered sometime in 2009.

If you want HD locals your choice is to put up an antenna (you probably won't be able to get KVBC, our NBC HD) or switch to Cox or DirecTV.

You can expect Ciel to lite up sometime around New Year's Eve.

I got my CBS in HD today, the install took about 10 min. . which was crazy.....they did a check switch aand wala.......I have CBS in HD...Now I will just wait for the rest of them and I will be content!!!!!

THANKS DISH!!!!

why would they have stuff uplinked but no available? I live 5 miles out of Lincoln, NE but somehow i am in the Omaha, NE market. Not to worried since i have an OTA that gets both.

Hey, Dish won't have my locals for many, many moons. Who cares that much. I think Dish is fine and I use an OTA. Only drawback is not being able to record two locals in HD at same time. Big deal. Just remember when you do get your locals in HD I'll still be without them. I can wait. I can't believe some of the reasons people leave Dish for. Actually I like to read some of the more outlandish posts. Sounds like a bunch of women hanging around a coffee klatch dissing guys!

why would they have stuff uplinked but no available? I live 5 miles out of Lincoln, NE but somehow i am in the Omaha, NE market. Not to worried since i have an OTA that gets both.

Hey, be happy for that...at least you'll get the Omaha satellite locals (which are likely to be in HD before the Lincoln ones). Also, you get news/weather which is at least relevant, rather than half of the stations being from Kearney/Hastings. That's why I put up an antenna here in Lincoln, too...get the best of both worlds. :)

I got my CBS in HD today, the install took about 10 min. . which was crazy.....they did a check switch aand wala.......I have CBS in HD...Now I will just wait for the rest of them and I will be content!!!!!

THANKS DISH!!!!
I got mine Saturday and CBS HD looks great. Took my poor installer about two hours in the rain to put up my wing dish. He certainly kept a good attitude throughout. Not sure what his problems were but I felt sorry for him and gave him a $20 tip.

Still no WNEP (Scranton , PA) in HD!

This is crazy, Dish lets out press releases saying how great they are in that they added all of these HD markets, but yet the like 7 markets they did add, they only added ONE channel, and not everyone in the area and even receive it!

I'm tired of the "do not call us" screen on my tv. I'm thinking on caling them - I don't care at this point, but I'd hate to take it out on just any old CSR that can't do anything anyways.

Looks like its time for a letter to the CEO......what do you guyes think!

Hey, be happy for that...at least you'll get the Omaha satellite locals (which are likely to be in HD before the Lincoln ones). Also, you get news/weather which is at least relevant, rather than half of the stations being from Kearney/Hastings. That's why I put up an antenna here in Lincoln, too...get the best of both worlds. :)

Apparently I was wrong. Looks like we'll both get them the same time (Oct. 22 according to another thread on here). Looks like Omaha has CBS uplinked, though, while for some reason it isn't here in Lincoln...? Still glad I have an antenna, though...if you are interested in one, PM me and I'll give you the name of a good company to have one installed.

I have no idea what the beam covers. I've only ever found one map that had actual coverage areas instead of just the centers, and the western boundary did indeed go right down through Lycoming and Union counties. But there's something not right about that map, because it doesn't show the Philadelphia / DC beam coming anywhere near either of us, whereas I get a better signal on it than I do on some of the CONUS transponders!

Here's the map:

http://www.dishuser.org/e12spots.pdf

I was wrong about the alleged boundary of the Scranton beam. On this map it appears to cover the entire DMA (which is drawn on the map) except for part of Clinton County.

However, this map can't possibly be the current one! This has Philadelphia covered by the same beam as Scranton! (And it still has me outside the DC beam, or at least on the very fringe of it, whereas I have a usable signal on it.)

Does anyone know where to get the correct spotbeam map?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts