Tech Chat Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network will air its quarterly Tech Forum on Monday, Nov. 10 at 9 p.m. ET on channel 101.

It will feature DISH Network’s technology provider, EchoStar, and EchoStar Technologies President Mark Jackson and senior engineer Dan Minnick.

A prize from Sling Media will be given away during the show.

Hot topics will include new receivers, new remotes, a tour of the Cheyenne, Wyo., Uplink Facility and an update on new Sling Media products.

And there you have it.

You mean it might actually be worth our time?

What am I saying, I almost always watch anyway.

Scott,
Black is a bad color choice....I can't see it at all...of course I'm still on the Halloween style.....

Turn off the Halloween style then problem fixed. :)

BTW I am being told that this edition of the Tech Chat is being geared to the SatelliteGuys audience and that you guys will get a kick out of it.

I asked about the new HD and this is what I got back... "As for HD, that will likely be on the next Charlie Chat. Tech Forum is for gadgets, not programming."

Thats not what I wanted to read... Lets hope this person is wrong since others inside the company have been saying the new HD is coming this week. (crossing fingers!)

BTW I am being told that this edition of the Tech Chat is being geared to the SatelliteGuys audience and that you guys will get a kick out of it.

I asked about the new HD and this is what I got back... "As for HD, that will likely be on the next Charlie Chat. Tech Forum is for gadgets, not programming."

Thats not what I wanted to read... Lets hope this person is wrong since others inside the company have been saying the new HD is coming this week. (crossing fingers!)

This week? That would be tomorrow, right?

Glad to here the tech forum is going to improve.

As for the HD, WHAT THE HECK! The Charlie Chat is a month away. I' would think they would want to trumpet the new HDs ASAP, unless we aren't getting them. The lack of significant uplinks this week has me concerned.

Don't ya think they just meant they wouldn't talk about Hd on the tech chat and save it for the next Chuck chat? They could still be adding it.

Thats I don't know, I am nervous now.

I can understand that the uplinks are being done at night because they need to convert some channels from MPEG2 HD to MPEG4. And I also understand their rush to load the new 77 satellite which they started loading up last night. So now I sit here confused.

That don't happen to often. (my wife says otherwise though) :D

Glad to here the tech forum is going to improve.

As for the HD, WHAT THE HECK! The Charlie Chat is a month away. I' would think they would want to trumpet the new HDs ASAP, unless we aren't getting them. The lack of significant uplinks this week has me concerned.

If they have new national HD they need to use it for 4th Q advertising; otherwise, it's a waste and we probably won't see anything until next year. We're already nearly halfway through the quarter. December is not a highly watched TV month either because of all the holiday goings-on. D* is really rolling out the mail ads. I've had three mailings so far this month. If they had better DVRs, I'd consider it.

I'd like to encourage people to remind the 'tech experts' that the audio drop-out issue has yet to be resolved.

Sorry, for the inconvenience, but I'm not permitted to post the link to the dishnetwork site because: "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more". Interesting rule. So, type w-w-w.d-i-s-h-n-e-t-w-o-r-k-dot-com/faq/chat/#

BTW I am being told that this edition of the Tech Chat is being geared to the SatelliteGuys audience [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

The opening slide of the show will be a listing of all new HDPPV channels launching on the various satellites during the show...and all during the show, Digiblur-style uplink text reports will scroll across the screen for each one as it is turned on... followed by thunderous fake laughter from all persons in the studio.

;)

I'd like to encourage people to remind the 'tech experts' that the audio drop-out issue has yet to be resolved.

Sorry, for the inconvenience, but I'm not permitted to post the link to the dishnetwork site because: "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more". Interesting rule. So, type w-w-w.d-i-s-h-n-e-t-w-o-r-k-dot-com/faq/chat/#

Audio want out 30 minutes ago on History Channel HD I have it via HDMI.

And I also understand their rush to load the new 77 satellite which they started loading up last night. So now I sit here confused.
They probably just put things on the sat to screw with us during it's testing/adjusting phase. I would think it will be a week before they load it up with the real thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)