Tech Chat Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If Directv had better or even the same DVR's as Dish, I wonder how many customers Dish would have?? hmmmm

Well, I would venture to say the majority of the HD subs who require any of the new york msg channels. I am here for the winter now that I have sub to nhlci, but it really makes you wonder where E* is coming from after not having major league baseball package and it looks to be the loss of nba package.

I love my 722, however but may have no choice but to dump it in the future and switch to D*.:(

I asked about the new HD and this is what I got back... "As for HD, that will likely be on the next Charlie Chat. Tech Forum is for gadgets, not programming."

Thats not what I wanted to read... Lets hope this person is wrong

They have been making that exact statement for years about the Tech Forum.

It doesn't prevent them from being fed advertising information from Programming, and it certainly doesn't prevent Dish from making channels available.

They have been making that exact statement for years about the Tech Forum.

It doesn't prevent them from being fed advertising information from Programming, and it certainly doesn't prevent Dish from making channels available.

While the Tech Chat people would not want to steal Charlie's thunder on announcing new programming and markets, there are many technical issues relating to reception of HD and the EA switchover that may be addressed on tomorrow's Tech Chat. They will probably want to address the E8 move, and the technical possiblilities opened up by the imminent launch of Ciel-2 also. This should be a really interesting chat. I hope Scott G. and/or others get some emails in the queue, because that subject alone would interest me for at least an hour. Suggested inquiry: distribution pattern of E8 signal, and use of CONUS versus spot beam signals.

fitzie:eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts