DISH NETWORK - 3rd Qtr Earnings Call - Nov 10

ScoBuck

'Just Chillin'
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 11, 2006
Long Island, NY
DISH Network Corporation Announces Conference Call for Third Quarter 2008 Financial Results

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Oct 27, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) will host its third quarter 2008 financial results conference call on Monday, Nov. 10, 2008, at noon ET. The dial-in number is (800) 616-6729.

DISH Network's press release about its financial results will be distributed prior to the conference call. The press release will be available on the DISH Network Web site, DISH Network.

About DISH Network Corporation

DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the leader in digital television, provides approximately 13.79 million satellite TV customers as of June 30, 2008 with industry-leading customer satisfaction which has surpassed major cable TV providers for eight consecutive years. DISH Network also provides customers with award-winning HD and DVR technology including the ViP(R)722 HD DVR, which received the Editors' Choice awards from both CNET and PC Magazine. In addition, subscribers enjoy access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most International channels in the U.S., industry-leading Interactive TV applications, Latino programming, and the best sports and movies in HD. DISH Network offers a variety of package and price options including the lowest all-digital price in America, the DishDVR Advantage Package, high-speed Internet service, and a free upgrade to the best HD DVR in the industry. DISH Network is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 300 company. Visit DISH Network or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for more information.

On the other hand, I anticipate an announcement or launch on new HD around this time.

"Ahhhh, yeah, we lost tens of thousands of subscribers, revenue is down, but did I mention we will be launching a few HD networks in a few days?"

I also anticipate bad numbers once again. It was only a matter of time before this would happen, especially with some of the things Dish Network has done.

The thing is, when there are fewer subscribers signing up, there is less being spent, therefore more profit.

I am going to go out on the limb here and say that I am guessing that we will see new HD channels on Dish before this call to help soften the blow.

I am going to go out on the limb here and say that I am guessing that we will see new HD channels on Dish before this call to help soften the blow.
Scott, didn't you say that the TurboHD campaign has been very successful? Maybe only a small drop in subscribers can be expected.

They need to do some big moves! I can't give a Dish system away lately.:confused:

There is a rumor of a new lower priced Sprint family plan coming out Nov. 2nd. Man the forums as buzzing. If Dish did something like that, lower price, Dvr advantage, 4 room no extra fees! People want to save money and not have to shop a bunch of confusing plans, just simple.:)

They need to do some big moves! I can't give a Dish system away lately.:confused:

There is a rumor of a new lower priced Sprint family plan coming out Nov. 2nd. Man the forums as buzzing. If Dish did something like that, lower price, Dvr advantage, 4 room no extra fees! People want to save money and not have to shop a bunch of confusing plans, just simple.:)

FWIW, that Sprint plan was proven to be a typo, it is NOT a 69.99 everything family plan...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)