Dish adds Smithsonian Channel as part of CBS Agreement

In addition, just because it is uplinked, it does not mean it will be made available. I believe that was the case with The Outdoor Channel HD if memory serves me right.

I did not know the outdoor channel was ever uplinked in hd. that along with fox movie channel & Smithsonian are the hd channels that I would like to be added

So pay lawyers by the hour?

And the speedy ones have no reputation to consider?

I am beginning to think something is slowing down them there CBS contracts!
Possible just been busy with everything else going on? End of year financials, FNC, and the negotiations between the other 4 providers and FCC? I know it's a whole other department, but the support just may not be there, to encourage speeding along the addition. One of those "well we have it, just have to finish things so let's work on it at our schedule" kinda things

Possible just been busy with everything else going on? End of year financials, FNC, and the negotiations between the other 4 providers and FCC? I know it's a whole other department, but the support just may not be there, to encourage speeding along the addition. One of those "well we have it, just have to finish things so let's work on it at our schedule" kinda things
:(

By no means am I claiming that is the case. I'm just as clueless to the situation as anyone here. I was just throwing out possibilities. Thought I should clarify that.

maybe they both decided its really no that popular of a channel
Another possibility, although I would disagree with that after seeing all the programming requests for it when I worked there(on their site) and also seeing the requests for it on the main forum. Plus, if that were the case, SHOAnytime would be available.

Another possibility, although I would disagree with that after seeing all the programming requests for it when I worked there(on their site) and also seeing the requests for it on the main forum. Plus, if that were the case, SHOAnytime would be available.
They had it before and dropped it so I am not too sure there is the demand that the forums suggest

They wouldn't use it on either side as a negotiation tactic if that would be the goal... only 2 months later. Plus again, the ShoAnytime would be up.

I have read where it is reckoned that once the QPSK to 8PSK conversion on the western arc is complete, I think they will have room for 30-40 more HD channels, of course part of that might be used for some 4K content as well.
Perhaps they are waiting on that to be completed.

I have read where it is reckoned that once the QPSK to 8PSK conversion on the western arc is complete, I think they will have room for 30-40 more HD channels, of course part of that might be used for some 4K content as well.
Perhaps they are waiting on that to be completed.

don't think they are anywhere close to switching the western arc....are they?

With the amount of time it has taken for the legacy switch out, and there is still People that haven't switched to EA that need it... We will see WA as a MPEG2 for awhile. I say at a minimum 3 years, but likely 5+ years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)