Dish adds Smithsonian Channel as part of CBS Agreement

As previously mentioned, best guess for the addition of channels will be after 5/31 when there is freed bandwidth.

They have the bandwidth now, if its not on within the next two weeks I would suspect we won't be getting it. It wouldn't be the first time a channel has been announced and never actually got turned on, on DISH.

If this happens then my GUESS is I have heard some rumors of CBS working on a new channel perhaps CBS would rather launch that new channel when its available instead of Smithsonian.

I watch all shows in my prime time folder by Saturday or Sunday at the latest and delete as I go. So if it takes 7days to see auto hop on CBS , I won't ever see it.

i would check the uplink report today see what it says we might be getting all those vod links that they have been adding for the last three months or so.so we do not know at the moment.

I watch all shows in my prime time folder by Saturday or Sunday at the latest and delete as I go. So if it takes 7days to see auto hop on CBS , I won't ever see it.
We do the same thing as you do except I don't ever delete them. I have all four PTAT networks set for eight days on two HWSs. Sometimes if we run out of things to watch we go look at the past 8 days of programs and sometimes find something to watch that we usually don't. We don't ever have an issue running out of room since the big increase in hard drive space in Hoppers.

We do the same thing as you do except I don't ever delete them. I have all four PTAT networks set for eight days on two HWSs. Sometimes if we run out of things to watch we go look at the past 8 days of programs and sometimes find something to watch that we usually don't. We don't ever have an issue running out of room since the big increase in hard drive space in Hoppers.

I delete them each day, because Monday -Friday after I come home from work , I transfer the new shows to my I-pad. I watch the I-pad at work during the afternoon when I am at work with nothing to do. It gets confusing trying to transfer the new stuff with older days worth of shows still on my hopper. Besides my wife and I share the hopper and I have a Tv folder for my shows and she gets the Prime time folder for her shows. She watches from that folder and deletes the ones she watches and I have timers setup for my shows with saved series versions of just the shows I watch. Saturday and Sundays are the only days when I actually watch stuff at home.

Didn't care for the channel when we did have it and I don't really miss it that we don't have it and I don't really care if they ever add it again. It was just repetitive shows with little new content as I remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)