Dish ads overlapping programs

Andyjunction

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Several times a day I will notice a commercial block has ended and when the show I was watching resumes it's in progress and I've missed 2 or 3 minutes of the show. I have to hit the "skip back" button about a dozen times to get to the start of the segment. Whats up with this? I'm paying money for this?

None of the ads are local. They seem like ads being placed by Dish. And it's always at least a full 2 minutes of overlap. It's been this way for years and I just finally had enough.

It literally just happened again and it took 28 presses of "skip back" to get to the beginning of the program segment. I counted. It doesn't happen every commercial break and sometimes I won't notice it happening for days. Today is especially bad.

On what channels? I've never had an inserted ad interrupt the actual programming. I've had ads interrupt the start of a program when a previous sporting event ran over and the local channel had to get in their ad time before the switchoiver to the next (in progress) program. But that wouldn't necessarily be a Dish inserted ad.

Mostly this is MSNBC including today. But I've rarely seen it on other channels as well. It's hard to tell what specific ads they are since they're over when I notice and gone when I start skipping back.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The local ad insertion MUST be done by Dish, no one else has access to the unit or the data stream. The ads may be downloaded anytime to the hard drive then activated when Dish sends the right bit through the data stream.
That is why when you rewind, the ad is not there. It was locally inserted from the hard drive triggered through the satellite stream, luckily that bit is evidently not in the spectrum of the stream that your receiver records.

Reactions: TheKrell
I figured it was something like that. Is there any solution? Considering the cost and limited use I get out of Dish in these days of streaming it feels like I shouldn't have to just settle for this.

Thanks, that's been my solution for a few years. I was hoping there might be a better one. Expecting even. Justifiably I would go so far as to say, lol.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)