DISH Airs Live 4K College Football from FOX Sports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Even turning into decent game. Switching back and forth between Dbacks/Marlin game on EI. Possible playoff clinch tonight.

I was out and attempted to tape the game. It said it taped over four hours but after like five minutes it went to the screen that showed the recording was complete. It still showed over four hours remaining but it stopped on the screen you see at the end of a recording. Any ideas?

I recorded the BBC America Earth II series in 4K earlier this year. Playback on the 4K Joey was always interesting, to say the least, but once it got going, it usually played through the entire episode. The sand dunes Dish uses before and after the event seemed to have ore issues than the actual Event, though.

I watched this game and it was quite nice watching sans commercials, since they sat you on top of an end zone screen and showed the wide-angle shot of the stadium and feed audio from the crowd.. And, as has been mentioned, it turned into quite an exciting game!

I was out and attempted to tape the game. It said it taped over four hours but after like five minutes it went to the screen that showed the recording was complete. It still showed over four hours remaining but it stopped on the screen you see at the end of a recording. Any ideas?

There is a glitch at the beginning where the 4K broadcast goes live. I had the same issue as you but this got me past it. Think of it as a scratch on a dvd where u hit the scratch and suddenly jump minutes ahead. Start the broadcast from the beginning. Be patient and watch without FF or skipping until the game seemingly starts over and shows the kids being held back by the tape. This is where the broadcast goes live. There will be some stutter for maybe a minute but them the broadcast resumes with the talking heads on the screen. At that point you can FF and skip ahead. All total I think this occurs at about the 4:22 mark.

There is a glitch at the beginning where the 4K broadcast goes live. I had the same issue as you but this got me past it. Think of it as a scratch on a dvd where u hit the scratch and suddenly jump minutes ahead. Start the broadcast from the beginning. Be patient and watch without FF or skipping until the game seemingly starts over and shows the kids being held back by the tape. This is where the broadcast goes live. There will be some stutter for maybe a minute but them the broadcast resumes with the talking heads on the screen. At that point you can FF and skip ahead. All total I think this occurs at about the 4:22 mark.

So I just let it stay on he end screen? Or start it again and again

My recording worked. I only did about 33 minutes just so I would have an example how clear it looked & it recorded in full the 33 minutes.
I was able to duplicate the 1/2 screen issue someone reported, it has something to do with PIP when I went in and turned off and changed channel it cleared up. It seemed to have turned itself on, I didn't.

My recording worked. I only did about 33 minutes just so I would have an example how clear it looked & it recorded in full the 33 minutes.
I was able to duplicate the 1/2 screen issue someone reported, it has something to do with PIP when I went in and turned off and changed channel it cleared up. It seemed to have turned itself on, I didn't.
Thanks. I was using PIP Multiview prior to changing to 540. Next week I will make sure to shut off PIP and do some channel changing before going to 540.

Reactions: camo
This is more of an 'Events' channel, I wouldnt even call this a channel. 4K seems to be progressing extremely slowly. Will Dish ever add a full time channel like DirecTV (what programs does this show, where do DirecTV get this programming from?)

well apparently I screwed up; I set it to record the 4k from my mobile device; but then wanting to compare I also set it to record the fs1 HD channel; apparently Dish thought I should only want to watch 1 of them and the 4k recording didn't happen. =(

I did get home in time to watch the last 5-10min tho; and it did seem to have better PQ than the plain HD version.

So I guess the recent 4K upgraded TV was worth the extra $100 vs the non 4K one.

Reactions: charlesrshell
After it skips to the end, can you rewind into the skipped material?
Yes I can do the 10 second skips or 15x 60x 300x FF and rewind back and forth and look at what it passed no problem. Went to end of recording and no issues just hit rewind and it went back into game. Its acting what I feel as normal.

Well i must have screwed up somewhere, cause i can't even get it on my 4K Joey. The wife is on the other tv that has the H3, so i can't check it.Don't dare cut in on here programs...I have the lastest firmware on my Joey and H3. Anybody else watching on there 4K Joey?
Okay, was this on last night or tonight and what time? Or maybe i'm just lost.

Ok, starting from very beginning and not hitting fast forward, I was able to get into the game after the glitch at around the 4 minute mark. Looks amazing!

OK, so Dish airing 4K is my only opportunity to watch 4K; how can I know what/when will be on what channel #?

I can't download shows, I can't watch internet.

Is the guide being updated to show events on this channel. I have looked for two weeks now and have yet to see anything listed on 540 other than Off Air despite reports of events being aired on that channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)