DISH Airs Live 4K College Football from FOX Sports

Is the guide being updated to show events on this channel. I have looked for two weeks now and have yet to see anything listed on 540 other than Off Air despite reports of events being aired on that channel.
They usually populate channel 540 events on Wednesday, Thursday, and sometimes Friday. It worked that way for me for both of the last 2 Saturday games. They actually aired both of those games twice, once earlier (live) and once later in the day.

Any 4k programming is good, although I wish they had included Premier League as well.

Thanks,
Tim
The A holes at NBC have now started putting the 3PM games in the UK on Premiere League Gold Pass, which is an extra $50 per season and ca only be watched via an app on your mobile or on their site. :oldmad

Is the guide being updated to show events on this channel. I have looked for two weeks now and have yet to see anything listed on 540 other than Off Air despite reports of events being aired on that channel.

I guess that was my question sorta.

How do we know what/when a 4K show is going to air?

Do they make an announcement somewhere I need to subscribe to? (Fb, insta, .com?)

DIRECTV's been showing English Premier League games on Saturdays in 4K for a few weeks, this Saturday at 11:20CDT is Chelsea vs. Manchester City, no extra charge.

I guess that was my question sorta.

How do we know what/when a 4K show is going to air?

Do they make an announcement somewhere I need to subscribe to? (Fb, insta, .com?)
Best place to look is right here. We keep track and report when a new event is scheduled.

Reactions: HipKat
Give me ESPN in 4K and I'll upgrade - otherwise no point.
I'm still on a 10year old HD Sony TV and 2nd gen hopper but the programming advancements for what I like to watch are not there.

Reactions: pattykay
I don't want to clog up the sticky thread.
Someone was saying not seeing channel 540
What package is required to see it? Is it only airing Fox Sports; or is Dish using it for everone as a 'freebie' 4k preview?

I have Flex with sports add on (Espn, FS1, etc) and I do have 540

Could they not make a deal with Discovery or something to air some of their shows in 4K. Could they not air some wildlife docs like Directv do?, when sports are not on? Does this channel have a proper name or is it just ch. 550 or whatever channel it is? Did it have a DOG when it showed the Fox Sports broadcast or was the Fox Sports DOG on screen?

I don't want to clog up the sticky thread.
Someone was saying not seeing channel 540
What package is required to see it? Is it only airing Fox Sports; or is Dish using it for everone as a 'freebie' 4k preview?

I have Flex with sports add on (Espn, FS1, etc) and I do have 540
That person has Flex and probably doesn't have the Sports Pack.

Could they not make a deal with Discovery or something to air some of their shows in 4K. Could they not air some wildlife docs like Directv do?, when sports are not on? Does this channel have a proper name or is it just ch. 550 or whatever channel it is? Did it have a DOG when it showed the Fox Sports broadcast or was the Fox Sports DOG on screen?
First steps, more will follow. I went through this in the late 90s with HDTV...

Reactions: HipKat

yeah; I wish they'd loop some programming on there. I don't care what it is.

Some of us have Sat because landline's are not an option (ie I ain't gonna be streaming any 4K videos anytime soon)

Reactions: pattykay
Today I had a Sony XBR65X900E installed to replace my 42" Sony. The HDMI ports had stopped working on the old Sony.

I am currently watching the Nebraska Illinois football game on channel 540 and I am very impressed. Everything is crystal clear. You can even read the tattoos on the player's arms.

I also watched some Netflix, Google, and YouTube content on my Roku 4 and the android apps built into the TV. But I am more impressed by the Game picture.

Reactions: charlesrshell